nxterm default colors

Post by J.H.M. Dassen (R » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Running Redhat 5.2.  By default, my nxterms come up with black background
>and white letters.  I want white background and black letters.  I can start
>an nxterm with my desired colors by typing  "nxterm -bg white -fg black &".
>How do I get that to be the default for every nxterm opened?

Use an ~.Xresources file; see below for part of mine.

HTH,
Ray

! ~/.Xresources - X resource preferences.
!
! You should ensure this is read by something like `xrdb $HOME/.Xdefaults'
! during X startup.
!
! For information about X resources and associated commands, see xrdb(1x),
! editres(1x), appres(1x), listres(1x).

! This file uses xrdb's capability of using cpp as a preprocesor.
! For documentation on cpp, see cpp(1) and the cpp info entry.

! Colours

#define C_LIGHT White
! Very dark deep blue
#define C_DARK #00002F

! I prefer light on dark terminals.
XTerm*Foreground: C_LIGHT
XTerm*Background: black
XTerm*CursorColor: C_LIGHT
Rxvt*foreground: C_LIGHT
Rxvt*background: C_DARK

--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would

1. [Fwd: Configuring defaults for nxterm]

[ Attached Message ]

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 00:30:30 -0800
Subject: Configuring defaults for nxterm
Hello,

I'm new to Linux and X.  Now that I've got my system running, I working
on tweaking the X configuration.  I'm trying to figure out how to set my
default font in an nxterm window to the "Large" size by default so that
I don't have to manually change it everytime a new  nxterm window starts
up.  I've read the man docs on nxterm and can't seem to find anything on
how to do this.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

    -Scott

2. bttv processor serial USB

3. How to setup a default font for nxterm in X

4. Question about 13" color monitor problem

5. nxterm scrollbar color

6. "grep" several lines

7. nxterm color resources?

8. How to get beyond Linux dial-in server

9. How can I get mc running in color under nxterm ?

10. Font and Background Color of nxterm under Fvwmrc96

11. nxterm and highlight color

12. Colour change in nxterm

13. changing colors for xterm/nxterm. . .