Running Mandrake 7

Post by Shock » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

i've recently bought Linux Mandrake 7.0 Complete and and it installed. But
when i try to run it, i get the following:

blah blah blah
blah blah blah

autodetecting RAID arrays
autorun ...
... autorun DONE.
VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01
Kernal panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:01

and i've gotta restart. how can i get it to work??

1. Help: Mandrake 6.0 very unstable when running KDE!

I've been trying to run KDE on Mandrake 6.0 for about a week.  I've had to
re-install about a half-dozen times because of numerous crashes.  Either
something causes the gui to lock up and nothing helps or the system fails to
unmount a device (can't remember specifics) during shutdown (shutdown -h now).
I've tried installing from scratch and upgrading from RH 5.2.

Are these common problems in 6.0?

Can they be solved?

Is 6.1 less prone to these problems (should I try this instead)?

I had no problems with RH 5.2 but I have no desire to update so many things to
run the apps and window managers I want.

Thanks for any feedback.

Wade Segade

2. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Backspace in X

3. Mandrake: Always running fsck on boot

4. "Tiny" (TM) Laptop troubles

5. Harddrake in Mandrake Fails to Run

6. ATM device driver setting for AIX 4.2

7. RealPlayerG2 won't run with Mandrake 7.0

8. xconfig help - tweaking

9. Linux Mandrake 8 - running as a server in a kinda NT Server mode ?

10. HOWTO: Upgrade Redhat/Mandrake to XFree86 4.0.1 and keep gdm running

11. Mandrake 9.0 A sniffer is probably running on your system

12. Got mandrake 6.1 up, now how do I run the "virtual network" ???

13. My Latest IPCHAINS Scripts: Comments Requested if I am in Error: Running Linux Mandrake 7.1