Troubles with ' libXaw3d ', can't load libXaw.so.6 ERROR - Please help!

Troubles with ' libXaw3d ', can't load libXaw.so.6 ERROR - Please help!

Post by Joel Wijngaar » Mon, 13 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I've got some troubles with installing LibXaw3d correctly. The
first time i started X windows after i installed this package all
worked correctly. But after a cold boot the system complains whenever
i want to start "xedit", "emacs","xclock" etc...

I receive the following message:        can't load "LibXaw.so.6"
I really tried everything to solve this problem but it just won't
work. When i start a shell window i see the nice 3d scrolbar (so the
libs kinda work) But xedit won't work. And i have seen it working the
first time!!!

I'm using Slackware 3.0, and i'm fairly new to Linux so EVERYTHING
could be the problem...

Thank you for your help

Post by Rube Goldbe » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

 >Hi, I've got some troubles with installing LibXaw3d correctly. The
 >first time i started X windows after i installed this package all
 >worked correctly. But after a cold boot the system complains whenever
 >i want to start "xedit", "emacs","xclock" etc...
 >
 >I receive the following message:        can't load "LibXaw.so.6"
 >I really tried everything to solve this problem but it just won't
 >work. When i start a shell window i see the nice 3d scrolbar (so the
 >libs kinda work) But xedit won't work. And i have seen it working the
 >first time!!!
 >
 >I'm using Slackware 3.0, and i'm fairly new to Linux so EVERYTHING
 >could be the problem...

         If you check the README, I believe not everything is gauraunteed
         to be compatible without recompiling. In that case you can recompile
         the applications that don't work and use the Xawd headers. You can't
         get the non-recompiled X stuff to use Xaw3d and the stuff that won't
         use Xaw3d to use Xaw at the same time since you are scamming your
         way out of the recompile by telling everything that Xaw3d is Xaw
         when you link as suggested in the archive. You might just want to
         recompile thos things that don't work using the Xaw3d headers. After
         you do xmkmf to generate the Makefile, edit the Makefile and change
         the instances of Xaw -> Xaw3d. It will be necessary in two places,
         but do all of them to be sure unless you want to trace them. A better
         way is to modify the imake config files, but I don't suggest it unless
         you either understand them or have an extra week or two of free time.

--

        Steinberger:
State of the Instrument

1. Troubles with ' libXaw3d ', can't load libXaw.so.6 ERROR - Please help!

Hi, I've got some troubles with installing LibXaw3d correctly. The
first time i started X windows after i installed this package all
worked correctly. But after a cold boot the system complains whenever
i want to start "xedit", "emacs","xclock" etc...

I receive the following message:        can't load "LibXaw.so.6"
I really tried everything to solve this problem but it just won't
work. When i start a shell window i see the nice 3d scrolbar (so the
libs kinda work) But xedit won't work. And i have seen it working the
first time!!!

I'm using Slackware 3.0, and i'm fairly new to Linux so EVERYTHING
could be the problem...

Thank you for your help

2. Start address of AHA 1542B debug program wanted!

3. Error-> xterm: can't load library '//libXaw.so.3'

4. problems compiling kdevelop 1.1

5. 'can't load libXaw.so.6'

6. Installing Linux from NT Server

7. XF86Setup: Can't load library 'libXaw.so.6'

8. CD-ROM/VOLD Volume Manager start-up problems...

9. can't load library 'libXaw.so.6'

10. SOLVED: Re: XF86Setup: Can't load library 'libXaw.so.6'

11. Problem: "can't find library 'libXaw.so.6' ..

12. where is 'libXaw.so.6'? - help

13. can't find library 'libXaw.so.6