Microsoft Natural Keyboard problem

Post by T.P Har » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

In /etc/X11/XF86Config I use XkbModel "microsoft", comment out XkbSymbols
"US(pc101)" and I can then enter values in the windows in gimp and xv (without
doing the above I cannot). But I then lose LeftAlt and RightAlt as being meta
keys (which I cannot do without due to RSI!).

Also, no matter what permutation of the above I do, I cannot get
ctrl-alt-numeric +/- to cycle through modelines!

I guess I am asking how do I correctly configure a Microsoft natural keyboard?

Anyone out there successfully configured a natural keyboard?

Thomas.

1. Conflict with Microsoft intelligent Mouse and Microsoft Natural Keyboard

I have Microsoft Intelligent Mouse(PS/2) and Microsoft Natural
Keyboard(PS/2). There are two PS/2 port on my ASUS P3B Motherboard. However,
I found that the two hardwares would be conflicted with each other and this
could lock up my linux system.
Does anyone know if I cannot use the two hardwares with same
interface(PS/2). There is no problem when I use mouse with com port.

2. FreeBSD with an x2?

3. Touch Typing (was Microsoft natural keyboard / Dvorak keyboard users)

4. SambaHelp:NT machine can't see Linux machine

5. Microsoft Natural Keyboard on a Sparc 5?

6. Help! PPP connection fails no matter what I try! (Linux <-> Win95)

7. Microsoft Natural Keyboard in X

8. Has OS-BS gone away?

9. Microsoft natural Keyboard

10. USB Microsoft Natural Keyboard

11. Microsoft Natural keyboard, 43P-140, AIX 4.3.3

12. MicroSoft Natural Keyboard -- Driver?

13. Microsoft Natural Keyboard and right-CTRL