Mounting WindowsXP partition

Post by Richard Swanso » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 08:23:00

Greetings
I have just loaded Red Hat 7.2 on hdb. Everything seems to be working.
How do I mount hda witch is for windows xp. hda is a vfat partition.

Thanks,
Richard

Post by Richard Cart » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 00:35:40

: I have just loaded Red Hat 7.2 on hdb. Everything seems to be working.
: How do I mount hda witch is for windows xp. hda is a vfat partition.

In general, the rule is to install Windows first, then Linux.
Windows can be very impolite as far as blowing away LILO or
some other things you may have set up.

In short, back up everything first, and be prepared to
reinstall Linux if necessary.  Others may be able to add
more helpful pointers.
--
Rick Carter

Chair,   Paradox/Delphi SIG,   Cincinnati PC Users Group

Mounting WindowsXP partition

Post by alei.. » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:01:26

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:23:00 -0600, Richard Swanson

>Greetings
>I have just loaded Red Hat 7.2 on hdb. Everything seems to be working.
>How do I mount hda witch is for windows xp. hda is a vfat partition.

mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt

Adam

1. Accessing a WindowsXP partition with RedHat 7.3?

Hi there,

Last week I installed RedHat 7.3 on a second 40GB drive. I set aside about
16G for the install, and the remaining space is formatted as a FAT32
partition which I use as a D: drive in WindowsXP. My system now dual-boots
with the GRUB loader and works fine.

The question is... Is there any way I can access that FAT32 partition from
Linux?

I've been reading that Linux can read/write to a FAT32 partition. Is it as
simple as mounting it? (hdb5)

Thanks for sharing any info,
Roger

2. FAQ's or HOWTO's on X Programming

3. mounting several partitions on the same mount point

4. glu and xfree86 4.0.1

5. nfs-mount rejects mounted partitions

6. Start Enlightnement from Gnome

7. how to mount ext2 partition accidentally mounted as ext3

8. 2.5.34 gendisk changes

9. HELP: Can not mount UFS partitions - too many partitions

10. 250G partition - can't mount it (partition & format good)

11. What partition sysid is OK for extended DOS partition mount?

12. how do i mount an extended dos partition or a dos logical partition ?

13. Mounting ext2fs partitions in an extended partition