DOSEMU Problem: Why is X support so choppy and no graphics?

DOSEMU Problem: Why is X support so choppy and no graphics?

Post by Arcadio Alivio Since » Sun, 23 Jun 1996 04:00:00

        Is DOSEMU output in an X Window supposed to be that choppy or did
I*up somewhere?  I ran EDIT or QBASIC, and the screen writes are
pretty choppy.  I did set my updatefreq line in the X configuration
section of dosemu.conf to 0 .. it didn't do any good.

        Also, how does one get VGA graphics to work under in an X
Window?  In QBASIC, when I try to switch to a VGA graphics mode (like
mode 13), I get an "Illegal Function Call" error, which apparently means
that VGA support is not enabled.

        BTW - the version of DOSEMU I'm using is v.0.63.1.33.

        Thanks!

Arcadio Alivio Sincero, Jr.
Sophomore, Computer Science Major at the University of Maryland at College Park
Amateur competitive bodybuilder

"D.A.R.E. .... to keep cops off donuts."

1. Why no graphics in dosemu?

Can anyone tell me why I can't use VGA graphics under dosemu?  I get
the following error message:
        int10,0 : set_video_mode failed

Here are the relevant lines from my dosemu.conf file.

video { vga }          # Use this line, if you are using VGA
#video { cga  console }          # Use this line, if you are using CGA
#video { ega  console }          # Use this line, if you are using EGA
#video { mda  console }          # Use this line, if you are using MDA
#allowvideoportaccess on
#   Any 100% compatible standard VGA card _MAY_ work with this:
#video { vga  console  graphics }

If I comment out the first line and uncomment the last one and the one about
allowvideoportaccess, still no dice.

Ted Sternberg
San Jose, California, USA

2. Can't run realplayer with snd0/snd1 and pcm enabled.

3. Dosemu Graphics support & Trident 8900CL

4. Stumped

5. does DOSEMU support S3 Virge in graphic mode

6. stealthing ports.

7. DOSEMU graphics problem

8. Why am I plagued with these HD problems?

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. Boot disk problems: Am I a moron, or is my system not supported?

11. Choppy sound VT8235 south bridge motherboard problem.