HELP!! KDE install problem...

Post by Jack Penr » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I downloaded the kde source tar files, untarred them, ran './configure',

'make', & 'make install' in the kdesupport directory with no apparent
problems.

However, when I ran 'make' for kdelibs, it came up with the error:
    cpp: kurl.cpp:I/O error
    make[1]: *** [kurl.lo] Error 1
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

What causes this?
How can I correct these errors??

Much thanks,
Jack

HELP!! KDE install problem...

Post by Arthur Corli » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>I downloaded the kde source tar files, untarred them, ran './configure',

>'make', & 'make install' in the kdesupport directory with no apparent
>problems.

>However, when I ran 'make' for kdelibs, it came up with the error:
>    cpp: kurl.cpp:I/O error
>    make[1]: *** [kurl.lo] Error 1
>    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

>What causes this?
>How can I correct these errors??

>Much thanks,
>Jack

Without attempting to reproduce your error, remember to have the right
version of the libs/compiler to make it.  You also need Qt-libs, a proprietary
graphics library, but available for use in freeware with no royalties.
--

        --Arthur Corliss
          Corliss Consultancy

1. why does kde sometimes install to /opt/kde, and sometimes to /usr/local/kde?

hi all,

why does kde, when compiled from scratch, sometimes install in
/opt/kde, and othertimes to /usr/local/kde? when I first installed
kde2.0 it went to /opt/kde, now I am compiling and installing kde2.0.1
and it is going to /usr/local/kde. I don't really care where it goes
but I would like to know why this is happening?? thanks for any info!

cheers,

Mike

2. Casio WMP-1 software sourcecode available!

3. HELP! Installing KDE 2.0 problems!!!

4. Trying to make my first BASH script but ...

5. Problems installing KDE due to libXau library--Help

6. netware/ipx to red hat migration

7. KDE install lib problem - please help!

8. Unexplained Crashes

9. Heres how to install KDE 2 on RH7 with KDE 1.x still running.

10. Installing new KDE apps under KDE 1.1

11. Does installing KDE-1.1.2 on Solaris require root and /opt/kde?

12. Installed KDE from source, KDE won't start

13. Cannot install KDE, please help...