Problem with DHCP and 3C905B NIC on a Dell Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

Problem with DHCP and 3C905B NIC on a Dell Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

Post by mgilib.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
I have a problem trying to have an Dell Optiplex GX1 box with a 3C905B
adapter and Redhat 6.1 get an address from a DHCP server in my network.
After I set up everything, it won't get a address from the network. If
I try to start eth0 manually, I can see by issuing a netstat -nr that
it is really launching a broadcast to the network, but it doesn't go
further. It is incapable of getting an address from the server.
It is a problem with DHCP, because I put in a static IP address and
all the config stuff and eth0 starts correctly (I get connected to the
network). At the same time, the box has also a NT partition with DHCP
that works fine.
I think there must be a problem with the DHCP client. Any suggestion
(I am using kernel 2.2.14).
Thank you so much

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Problems with DHCP on 3C905B NIC in a Del Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

[...]

2. IPC Tool

3. 3C905B-Tx on Dell OptiPlex Gx1 400Mtbrt

4. Trouble returning to login screen using xdm under runlevel 4.

5. Jittering problem ATI Rage Pro/Dell Optiplex GX1

6. Problem with 99.14 network driver?

7. Dell Optiplex GX1 Crystal CS4236b Sound Card Problems

8. Disk scrubbing utility ....

9. Problems setting up RedHat5.2 on DELL Optiplex GX1

10. Redhat 6.1 with 3C905B adapter & DHCP not working

11. Ethernet media rate negotiation on Dell OptiPlex GX1

12. Crystal 4236B/DELL OptiPlex Gx1 sound card

13. Dell Optiplex GX, GX1, GN: anyone running linux/FreeBSD on them?