DUAL BOOT

Post by Mark Messih » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have recently insalled Linux RedHat 6.2 GNOME on a partition on my
harddrive.

I now wish to have a Dual Boot process to allow me to select which O?S I
wish to load.

I know Linux has  aDual Boot Manager in it but I do not know where it is.

I downloaded BootIT &when I tried to boot up Linux with it, it told me
that the Partition I have installed LInux on is not Bootable.

I use a boot disk to boot up Linux for now.

Please tel me where the Dual Boot Manager is is in Linux & how to fix this
problem of making my Linux Partition Bootable.

DUAL BOOT

Post by TomG » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have recently insalled Linux RedHat 6.2 GNOME on a partition on my
> harddrive.

> I now wish to have a Dual Boot process to allow me to select which O?S I
> wish to load.

> I know Linux has  aDual Boot Manager in it but I do not know where it is.

> I downloaded BootIT &when I tried to boot up Linux with it, it told me
> that the Partition I have installed LInux on is not Bootable.

> I use a boot disk to boot up Linux for now.

> Please tel me where the Dual Boot Manager is is in Linux & how to fix
this
> problem of making my Linux Partition Bootable.

> --

You need to install LILO (the LInux LOader)into the master boot record.
Read the RedHat manual, as they probably provide a utility to help you do
this.  LILO can then be configured to boot your other OS, again, read the
manual.

1. Dual boot networked to dual boot

I have two dual boot machines. They are already networked when both
machines are running Win98. I want to network them when one is running
linux and the other is running Win98. I also want to network them when
they are both running linux.

Does one of these machines have to be set up as a server and the other a
workstation?

2. Linux in a DoubleSpace drive???

3. dual-HD, dual-boot problem ... booting Win98 fails on hdb

4. Sol 2.3 serial port overruns

5. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

6. RPM problem

7. solaris 2.4, X11R6, xdm = <defunct> processes ?

8. Dual boot Debian and XP "boot failure" using XP boot loader

9. help with dual boot, dual drive setup?

10. Dual boot for dual Hard drive (newbie)

11. Dual Boot--Dual Monitor in win98--X trouble with Linux

12. Help RH7.2 dual proc, dual boot