zyxel omni.net installation on linux (RedHat 6.2)

zyxel omni.net installation on linux (RedHat 6.2)

Post by kunwar jeetendra sing » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:30:07

I'm based in the India, and I need to set up a Zyxel omni.net external ISDN
TA  using a linux (RH6.2) machine.

It is easy to install it on Windows 95/98/NT as CD comes alongwith the TA

If anyone could help or give suggestions/script about how to set up the
TA  under linux so that all features are utilised. I would very much
appreciate it.

Regards,

Kunwar Jeetendra Singh.
EDP Officer, Allahabad Bank,
Mumbai, India.
Tel - 091 - 022 - 3895323/3883438.

Post by Wes newel » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:58:29

> I'm based in the India, and I need to set up a Zyxel omni.net external ISDN
> TA  using a linux (RH6.2) machine.

> It is easy to install it on Windows 95/98/NT as CD comes alongwith the TA

> If anyone could help or give suggestions/script about how to set up the
> TA  under linux so that all features are utilised. I would very much
> appreciate it.

You can configure the omni.net just like a modem. Use any term program to get
to the OK prompt. Type at$ for commands. BTW, I've never used the CD that comes
with it, even on windows machines. It's easier to configure it manually.

  w.newell.vcf
< 1K Download

1. ZyXEL omni.net LCD under RedHat 5.2

Hi all,

Having installed RedHat 5.2 (2.0.36), I'm having serious trouble setting
up a ZyXEL omni.net LCD ISDN external modem for PPP dial-up Internet. It
seems the modem respons (the "DTR" LED lights up), but nothing happens.
It's connected to ttyS0, and my analogue 33.6 modem works fine on the
other serial port (already tried switching). I'm using X-Windows to
configure it. I also tried both ATDT and ATDI commands, to no avail.

Any help would be very appreciated!

2. 2.2.5 Floppy boot with >= 512M

3. How to connect to my ISP with Zyxel omni.net ISDN modem & CHAP ?

4. clnttcp_create: Cannot comm. with portmapper suddenly.

5. ZyXEL omni.net

6. QU: Mirroring a directory on an FTP site and PERL?

7. Anyone with ZyXEL Omni.net or TA-128?

8. Getting Adaptec AHA1540/42CP SCSI card working with a HP scanner

9. ZyXEL omni.net plus (ISDN)

10. mpd3.0 and zyxel omni.net plus.

11. Dialin ISDN with zyxel omni.net & pppd

12. Trouble w/ Zyxel Omni.net modem and PPP

13. Zyxel omni.net ISDN TA