installing?

Post by UNIX » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,
I need some help,
I want to install linux but iam not sure how to approach it. If i use the
cd version how do i install it? Do i make a bootable floppy in the os2
system then boot that and install linux? if there is another way could
someone help me!
thanx

|            "Ten fingers on the fendor!"            |
| Julian Smith - Swinburne Uni  - Email:             |

1. Redhat 6.1 install and freeze after package install

I am trying to install Redhat 6.1 on a 133Mhz Pentium w/ 64 megs of RAM.  I
am able to boot up the kernel from the latest boot.img on a floppy and get
through the graphical install until the RPM packages are finishing
installing.  At this point the machine simply freezes up on me.  I
configured X windows with a "generic monitor" and Redhat was able to
recognize my video card and VRAM size.  I have tried to reinstall about six
times now with different options enabled (including changing my mouse
settings from generic serial to Microsoft 2.A serial) but I am still getting
the same system freeze.  Does anyone have any advice they can give me?  It
would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David

Southern Oregon University

2. Rembrandt

3. Man Pages Install Post Solaris 8 Install

4. Slackware: ncurses broken?

5. linux thinks that rpm is both installed and not installed

6. Add to: new linux user needs some help

7. installing other components once linux is already installed

8. GNU gcc compiler

9. install RH 6.2 over RH 7.0, install problem

10. first time installing, need help with partitioning and install

11. Redhat 5.0 install problem, Error occurred while installing bootloader

12. Red Hat 6.0 install errors: "Install bootloader"

13. Installing custom software from Solaris Install