Some easy questions

Post by Mike Ami » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

heres some newbie questions .. ( thats me <g>)

1.  hows come the program editor ( modi comm ) doesnt auto indent
     even though I have it checked to do so in the options setup.
     ( give me MultiEdit anyday .. )

2.  how do i make the entire row on a grid highlighted ..  I played with
    the highlight and highlighrow props .. but no go ..

3.  I want to open a grid and have it go to the bottom of the records
    ( like the last rec in a ledger ) .. and I tried issuing a go bottom
    when activating the grid .. but .. it defaults to the top

I have a million more .. but dont want to be too greedy ..

this is a great group ..

My email account is down .. so .. just reply back here .. I read it
everyday ..

Mike Amick

Some easy questions

Post by Anders Altber » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

1. Autoindent means it will indent to the same position as the row above. So
you have to trigger indentation of row 2 by indenting row 1.
However if you rightclick an choose Beautify you can specify different
indentation options when Beautify is run.
2. See the eamp?le in Help under DynamicForeColor, or DynamicBackColor
3, GO BOTTOM IN <the grid's r3ecordsource table>
    Thisform.Gridx.SetFocus
Next three?
-Anders

| heres some newbie questions .. ( thats me <g>)
|

| 1.  hows come the program editor ( modi comm ) doesnt auto indent
|      even though I have it checked to do so in the options setup.
|      ( give me MultiEdit anyday .. )
|
| 2.  how do i make the entire row on a grid highlighted ..  I played with
|     the highlight and highlighrow props .. but no go ..
|
| 3.  I want to open a grid and have it go to the bottom of the records
|     ( like the last rec in a ledger ) .. and I tried issuing a go bottom
|     when activating the grid .. but .. it defaults to the top
|
| I have a million more .. but dont want to be too greedy ..
|
| this is a great group ..
|

| My email account is down .. so .. just reply back here .. I read it
| everyday ..
|
| Mike Amick

1. Give this newbe easy answers on easy questions!

Hi Reppies.

These questions are bothering me:

1. I use replication for fault tolerant purposes. When the primary
(sending) server fails. Is it allowed to switch clients to the
subscribing server and let them alter the data ?

2. It seems like the command 'truncate table' is not allowed when the
table is published to another server. Is 'delete from' the only
alternative to accomplish a full delete ?

3. For existing data to be published, do I first have to transfer/copy
the database to another server before I switch on replication for it ?
In other words: initial replication does not synchronise the database
in a way that the destination database is being synced so that it is
an exact copy of the publishing database ?

4. Only data in published tables is replicated, not the permissions
and database properties, right ?
So, every option (i.e. select bulk into or truncate on checkpoint) for
the publishing database must be manually set on the destination
database, right again ?

Thanks for you time and happy sync'ing
Ray Arts

The Netherlands.

2. DBList with more than one item per column

3. easy question

4. Connection falied

5. DTS Easy Question

6. How to get precision of Oracle NUMBER fields from VB6 DAO client?

7. Easy Question!

8. !!!! PLEASE HELP ::stored proc call dies with ODBC

9. 1 very hard and 1 very Easy question

10. This should be an easy question regarding Triggers

11. Easy question on sql profiler

12. Easy question

13. SQL Server on a LAN (easy question)