Installing Paradox with Win3.0

Post by Ross Fras » Thu, 06 Feb 1992 00:30:26

I am attempting to install Paradox 3.5 as a non-windows application using
Windows 3.0 on a 386SX clone, and have been unsuccesful to date. I have it
setup with a .pif file, and when I try to run it from an icon in Windows, I get
the Windows error message "You are attempting to run a protected mode
application in 386 enhanced mode. Use win /r or win /s." Windows then moves the
Paradox icon to the bottom on the screen, and if I maximize the icon, I do in
fact execute Paradox. What gives?

I want to use 386 enhanced mode, and Paradox is configured for Real mode, using
the Custom script.

Am I attempting the impossible? If anyone has successfully run Paradox under
windows, please drop me an email. I can provide copies of my setup files,
if needed.
--

   UUCP: {ncar!noao!asuvax | uunet!zardoz!hrc}!gtephx!fraserr
   Phone: (602) 582-7258            Fax: (602) 581-4884

1. Does Paradox 7 for Win95 = Win3.11 Paradox 7

I'm hoping to use Paradox 7 to replace a aging program that keeps
track of data for my company. Unfortunately I have a mixed network
with win95 and windows 3.11/WFW. Does the Paradox 7 version for both
platforms interoperate? Is it mostly comaptiable or will it take a lot
of work? Any information would be appreciated.

2. Database shutdown

3. migrating DOS Paradox v3.5 to DOS Paradox v4.5 under Win3.x

4. Launch Access Macro with VB

5. Files needed for installing WIn3.1 clients

6. Microsoft Oracle ODBC driver and ADO

7. Q: Install/Setup ODBC using IPX on Win/Win3.11 to SQL v6.0

8. Strange error involving local variable

9. Pdx 7 for Win3.* - Install failure (insti01 ??)

10. WTB Paradox 7 for Win3.1

11. Paradox 4.5 for win3.1

12. Paradox 4.0 Win3.1 Win95 and Novell4.11

13. Paradox 4.5 for win3.11 and win95 problem