Magazine Subscription Database

Post by paint.. » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of any ready-made databases suitable for a start up
magazine, probably with around 10,000 private subscribers?

If proprietry software is not available, could a database designed in
Acess 97 handle this number of records?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Magazine Subscription Database

Post by Tom Leyla » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know of any ready-made databases suitable for a start up
> magazine, probably with around 10,000 private subscribers?

> If proprietry software is not available, could a database designed in
> Acess 97 handle this number of records?

Mark...

And a "magazine subscription database" would be what?  I'm kidding of course
but there isn't a generic "msd" model that I am aware of.  That leaves us
with guessing that name, address, city, state, zip, phone and expiration
date would be requirements.  So you are limited to "every database in the
world" :-)

10,000 items if they are not complex (i.e. suitably "flat") can easily be
handled by an ASCII text file, retrieving 1 in 10,000 items (if ordered)
using a binary search in sub-fractional parts of a second.  If you want to
record payments, historical subscription information, generate
invoices/statements and such you're getting into accounting systems.

Access (any version) can easily handle 10K name and address records as could
dBASE II on CP/M some 20 years ago.  We're talking "piece of cake"
(apologize for using technical terms) if that is all you want.

Tom
--
---> Learn a little something at http://www.leylan.com

Post by AaKaSh BoRdI » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

i think Access is more than enough if the number of records are not gonna
cross even ten times that number.
-Aakash

Quote:> Does anyone know of any ready-made databases suitable for a start up
> magazine, probably with around 10,000 private subscribers?

> If proprietry software is not available, could a database designed in
> Acess 97 handle this number of records?

> Thanks in advance.

> Mark

1. FREE one-year Database magazine subscriptions like Database Trends and Applications

Hi,

Techieindex, introducing FREE subscription of tradepub. Fill-up the
form and earn one-year free subscription of engineering magazines for
qualified professionals.

Topics include computers, Mechanics, Biotechnology, Telecom, IT and
more!

Engineering:
http://techieindex.tradepub.com/_brands/techieindex/cat/Eng.cat.html

Information Technology
http://techieindex.tradepub.com/_brands/techieindex/cat/Info.cat.html

Under this category

        Baseline
        Bio-IT World
        Business Solutions
        CIO Insight
        Communications News
        Computerworld
        CRM
        CRN
        CSO
        Database Trends and Applications
        eAI Journal
        Energy Markets
        eWeek
        GeoSpatial Solutions
        InformationWeek
        InfoStor
        InfoWorld
        Insurance Networking
        InTech
        Integrated Solutions
        Integrated Solutions for Retailers
        Intelligent Enterprise
        MissionCritical Communications
        Network Computing
        Network Magazine
        Network World
        Optimize
        Post
        R&D Magazine
        RadioResource International
        Scientific Computing & Instrumentation
        Security Technology & Design
        Speech Technology
        Supply Chain Systems Magazine
        Tech Decisions for Insurance
        Transform
        U.S. Banker
        VARBusiness
        Wireless Week
        z/Journal

Computers

http://techieindex.tradepub.com/_brands/techieindex/cat/Comp.cat.html

Internet
http://techieindex.tradepub.com/_brands/techieindex/cat/Inet.cat.html

Mechanical
http://techieindex.tradepub.com/_brands/techieindex/cat/Mech.cat.html

Industrial & Manufacturing:
http://techieindex.tradepub.com/_brands/techieindex/cat/Ind.cat.html

and more more

visit: http://techieindex.tradepub.com/

2. Debugger for Embedded SQL on SUN, RS6000???

3. LOW PRICE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION

4. IDAPI Error MSJT3032.DLL on MSACCESS connect

5. LOW PRICE PB MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION

6. Btrieve API

7. Magazine Subscription template

8. One For The Techies

9. LOW PRICE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION

10. World's *Cheapest* Way to get USA Magazine Subscriptions

11. LOW PRICE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION

12. Can push subscriptions be used for anonymous subscriptions?