XML string into ADO recordset

Post by Tom X » Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:00:44

Hi all,
        I am currently developing AICs for Biztalk server. Let's put it into
simple. I need to write a function (in VB or VC++) which will receive XML
string like   <mybook><book><title
       I am wondering is there any way to convert this string into an ADO
recordset and processing it. I find using DOM and SAX quite inconvenient.

Thanks for any input

Tom

XML string into ADO recordset

Post by Mario Alejandr » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:27:44

Simple use adodb.stream (MDAC 2.5+)

MySrt=CREATEOBJECT("adodb.sream")

MyRecordSet.Save(MyStr, adFormatXML(not sure.. look in help..)

MyStr.Position=0
Return MyStr.ReadText()

In the client...

MySrt=CREATEOBJECT("adodb.sream")

MyStr.Open()
MyStr.WriteText(MyXMLParam)

MyRecordSet.Open(MyStr)

1. ADO Recordset and XML DOM string???

Hi! Does anyone know how to persist the ado recordset to xml string and vice
versa to create the recordset from the xml string. Also does anyone know
what is the relation between ADO Stream and XML? If you know any site or
book have good coverage of using ADO reocrdset with ADO Stream & XML in VB
please let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. BUG in calculated member???

3. Load ADO Recordset with XML String in VB6

4. treeview

5. ADO + XML: Updating recordset from xml-document

6. DB that's compatible with AIX and PC?

7. Error Occurs Opening an ADO Recordset from an XML ADO Stream

8. UNIVERSE BOOKS

9. XML recordsets in ADO & ADO.NET

10. Retrieve a recordset as XML and store in a string

11. Using SQL2000, returning an XML document (string) instead of a recordset, from a stored procedure

12. how we can return XML String instead of RecordSet

13. Convert simple xml string to ADODB recordset