"Invalid buffdirty call" error message

Post by Chris Alle » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi All,

Has anyone seen this error message before or have any suggestions about how
to diagnose/eliminate whatever problem is invoking it?

We have an application developed in-house which creates a number temporary
tables and cursors of information, much of which gets rolled into report
forms printed out to a printer elsewhere on the network.  There seems to be
plenty of space both on the server and on the operating machine for
temporary files and spooling.  And this problem appears to have appeared
without any obvious system architecture changes, amounts of free space, etc.
Also, reindexing all tables and rebuilding the app do not appear to have
made any difference.

Any insights would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Chris Allen

"Invalid buffdirty call" error message

Post by Alexandre Pechtchans » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:>Hi All,

>Has anyone seen this error message before or have any suggestions about how
>to diagnose/eliminate whatever problem is invoking it?

>We have an application developed in-house which creates a number temporary
>tables and cursors of information, much of which gets rolled into report
>forms printed out to a printer elsewhere on the network.  There seems to be
>plenty of space both on the server and on the operating machine for
>temporary files and spooling.  And this problem appears to have appeared
>without any obvious system architecture changes, amounts of free space, etc.
>Also, reindexing all tables and rebuilding the app do not appear to have
>made any difference.

>Any insights would be appreciated.  Thanks,

This looks like failed sanity check in FoxPro internals; one thing you might
consider is deleting FOXUSER.DBF (or whatever is your resource file).
Also consider simplifying expressions and/or WHERE clauses of SQL.

[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY