Filemaker Pro PC/Mac compatibility

Post by Jonathan Montagu in Martienssen l » Sat, 22 Oct 1994 09:33:17

I'm intending to buy a copy of Filemaker Pro (v2.1).  This is probably a stupid
question but are there any problems with compatibility?  I expect that the
packages work identically.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks,

Jon Montagu

Post by Ulf Nilsso » Sat, 22 Oct 1994 20:56:55

>I'm intending to buy a copy of Filemaker Pro (v2.1).  This is probably a
stupid
>question but are there any problems with compatibility?  I expect that
the
>packages work identically.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks,

>Jon Montagu

When I moved my registers from a mac to PC the only trouble where
different fonts and some graphic problem. Otherwise everything like
buttons etc worked fine
Ulf Nilsson

Filemaker Pro PC/Mac compatibility

Post by Tim Foelke » Mon, 24 Oct 1994 09:48:04

Quote:

> I'm intending to buy a copy of Filemaker Pro (v2.1).  This is probably a stupid
> question but are there any problems with compatibility?  I expect that the
> packages work identically.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks,

> Jon Montagu

They are virtually identical. There may be inconsistencies with fonts and
color schemes in layout displays, but easy to workaround.

Regards,
__ __ __
/ \/ /-

1. PC Filemaker Pro v3 file to Mac Filemaker Pro 2.1

I had the same delema but lost only replacable stuff. Went from MAC FMP 2.0 at
one job to PC FMP 3.0. Didn't recover any thing.
However I didn't think about exporting to yet another program.

If FMP 2.0 can export to excel try that and then try importing the excel file.

2. writing in a file

3. Help wanted with pushbutton

4. Need to convert filemaker 2.1 pro (mac) to Access 97 (pc)

5. Dialog box size

6. Converting FileMaker Pro - Mac to PC

7. Building & Executing Packages with VB - Eliminating NULL Values

8. Converting Filemaker Pro (Mac) to .dbf (PC)

9. FileMaker Pro 3.0 from Mac to PC

10. FileMaker Demonstrates FileMaker Pro 5 on Mac OS X

11. PC - MAC Compatibility

12. VFP for MAC and compatibility with VFP for the PC