Tandem Integrity - Oracle

Post by John Burrow » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for any information regarding Oracle database on
the Tandem Integrity platform (SGI - IRIX operating system)
focusing on performance, stability, maintainability and vendor
support.

We are currently evaluating Oracle database server hardware
platforms an Tandem is one of the potential vendors.  I have
experience on SUN, HP and IBM, but have no knowledge of
the Tandem Integrity (SGI - IRIX) platforms.  I am primarily
interested in medium - large Oracle database environments in the
range of 20GB - 150GB.

Thanks in advance!
-john

Tandem Integrity - Oracle

Post by Scott Randal » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>I am looking for any information regarding Oracle database on
>the Tandem Integrity platform (SGI - IRIX operating system)
>focusing on performance, stability, maintainability and vendor
>support.

>We are currently evaluating Oracle database server hardware
>platforms an Tandem is one of the potential vendors.  I have
>experience on SUN, HP and IBM, but have no knowledge of
>the Tandem Integrity (SGI - IRIX) platforms.  I am primarily
>interested in medium - large Oracle database environments in the
>range of 20GB - 150GB.

>Thanks in advance!
>-john

John,

While Tandem does resale SGI Unix boxes (as their low-end Unix Server),
the Integrity is NOT an SGI machine.  Integrity is Tandem's NonStop
Unix machine, with redundant hardware, software, and power supplies.
Oracle supports this machine as a separate version than their product
for SGI.

I have not run Oracle's Integrity version, but I did re-post this
message on the Tandem usenet group (alt.comp.tandem-users).  For more
information, you should visit the Tandem WWW site at www.tandem.com.  I
can tell you that Tandem has excellent customer support, and a very
committed userbase.  If you require high availability, then Tandem is
far and away the best way to go. If you want to save money, then
neither Oracle or Tandem is the right choice.

Scott Randall,
Independent Tandem Consultant

1. DC-Washington-111943--MS SQL Server-Visual Basic-C++-RDBMS-Tandem-ORACLE-Informi

=
Company    : CareerMagic
Website    : http://www.careermagic.com
Job Title  : SQL Server Database Spec., AGSI
Location   : Washington, DC
Job Type   : Full-Time Salaried
============================

Maintain a backup and recovery of Microsoft SQL Server file systems. Design and
develop an automated scheduling system as a basis for non-intervention process
control operations. Ability to document procedures and communicate instructions
to national operators of the International mail processing network.
QUALIFICATIONS: Expert understanding of physical database management operations
in a Microsoft SQL Server database environment and performing analysis and
programming to assure that the database is properly sized and that programming
is completed to provide the most useful and user friendly system possible.
Design, manage data, maintenance of multiple Microsoft SQL Server databases.
Should have 3-5 years exp. with SQL Server. Should have 2-4 years exp.
programming with Visual Basic or C++. A plus would be exp. in RDBMS (Nonstop
SQL, Tandem, Oracle, Informix, or DB2) Must have excellent oral and written

Curie CourtRockville, MD 2085

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
=
Required Skills
* MS SQL Server
* Visual Basic
* C++
* RDBMS
* Tandem
* ORACLE
* Informix
* DB2
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : CMB0150-1

Email Address : www.careermagic.com

** Post jobs for 30 days for $100, up to 250 postings $350/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City    *** ClassifiedsWarehouse

2. Recordset Paging Question

3. Problems w/Report Smith

5. Subject: bool / vacuum full bug followup part 2

6. DC-Washington-104317--MS SQL Server-Visual Basic-C++-RDBMS-Tandem-ORACLE-Informi

7. Boycott Symantec?

8. US-NE-Omaha - Oracle Database Administrator - DBA SQL TANDEM C INFORMIX UNIX TAL

9. Tandem-Host to Oracle-NT-Server ??

10. Information Tech Developer III, SCV, Tandem, COBOL85, Unix, Oracle, C++, Focus, GQL

11. Oracle Integrity Constraint Question