Oracle 7.x Tech help !!

Post by Tue T. Nguy » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi there,
I have a BIG problem with Oracle 7.x on the Unix
system.
I have a flat file (text only file, it about 1GB long) and I try to load into
the data table which declared LONG type.
So I try to run SQL*Loader.
The problem is whenever SQL*Loader reaches the return (in the text file),
it puts into the new record !.
I want all in the single record.

Any suggestion about this issue ?
should I modify the control file ? and how ?
should I modify the data file ? and how ?

PS:Oracle advertise that the LONG data type in Oracle 7.x can contain
up to 2 GBytes.  Is it true ?
I suppose to ask Oracle Tech support, but I don't have any valid
CSI number any more.
I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much
Tue Nguyen

1. Oracle 7.x Tech HELP !

Newsgroups: comp.databases
Subject: Oracle 7.x Tech help !!
Hi there,
I have a BIG problem with Oracle 7.x on the Unix
system.
I have a flat file (text only file, it about 1GB long) and I try to load into
the data table which declared LONG type.
So I try to run SQL*Loader.
The problem is whenever SQL*Loader reaches the return (in the text file),
it puts into the new record !.
I want all in the single record.

Any suggestion about this issue ?
should I modify the control file ? and how ?
should I modify the data file ? and how ?

PS:Oracle advertise that the LONG data type in Oracle 7.x can contain
up to 2 GBytes.  Is it true ?
I suppose to ask Oracle Tech support, but I don't have any valid
CSI number any more.
I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much
Tue Nguyen

2. Stored Procedure debugging from Visual Studio (C++/ADO)

3. US-CA-Charlotte TECH SUP Tech Support, NT, WFWG SMCI

4. Select from two tables in diff. databases.

5. Win Help and HTML Help EXPERIENCED Tech Author, Permanent

6. vb crashes after focusing recordsource in the properties window

7. MA-BOSTON-100259--ORACLE Financials-Developer 2000-Oracle Financials Tech w/Developer 2000

8. OS/2 Database Suggestions ???

9. Question about SQLXML Tech Preview (Help please!)