Datamax Thermal Printer (DMX-E-4203)

Post by ASPENP » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:52:59

Call me lazy, but does anybody have programming experience with this line of
printers? I have a simple request, how can I get this printer to eject the
printer to the tear-off point and then backfeed so a label is not wasted.

I see the command: STX fnnn where nnn is 1/100 of an inch. I tried this and it
does do what I expect, it does nothing. Is there another special command to
cause the eject?

This has got to be simple. I'm just missing something here. By the way, these
are nice, inexpensive, printers for thermal labels. I have purchased a couple
of these as low as $50 on eBay. I have two that are on-line for inventory
control labels and shipping pro stickers (both for barcode purposes). I get the
labels at www.uline.com

Datamax Thermal Printer (DMX-E-4203)

Post by Steve Alexande » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:31:39

print char(12) will almost always send the paper to top of form. As
for backing up, that could vary a lot from one printer to another. Do
you have the book that came with it? That's where the codes are if
there are any.

- Steve

Quote:>Call me lazy, but does anybody have programming experience with this line of
>printers? I have a simple request, how can I get this printer to eject the
>printer to the tear-off point and then backfeed so a label is not wasted.

>I see the command: STX fnnn where nnn is 1/100 of an inch. I tried this and it
>does do what I expect, it does nothing. Is there another special command to
>cause the eject?

>This has got to be simple. I'm just missing something here. By the way, these
>are nice, inexpensive, printers for thermal labels. I have purchased a couple
>of these as low as $50 on eBay. I have two that are on-line for inventory
>control labels and shipping pro stickers (both for barcode purposes). I get the
>labels at www.uline.com

Datamax Thermal Printer (DMX-E-4203)

Post by K. Powic » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:14:42

$50.00 is pretty cheap considering they list on the Datamax website for over
$500.00

You can download the programmers manual from their site at:

http://www.datamaxcorp.com/technical_support/docs_downloads/index.html

However, it looks like you have to set-up some type of user account first,
"My Datamax."

K. Powick

Quote:> Call me lazy, but does anybody have programming experience with this line
of
> printers? I have a simple request, how can I get this printer to eject the
> printer to the tear-off point and then backfeed so a label is not wasted.

> I see the command: STX fnnn where nnn is 1/100 of an inch. I tried this
and it
> does do what I expect, it does nothing. Is there another special command
> cause the eject?

> This has got to be simple. I'm just missing something here. By the way,
these
> are nice, inexpensive, printers for thermal labels. I have purchased a
couple
> of these as low as $50 on eBay. I have two that are on-line for inventory
> control labels and shipping pro stickers (both for barcode purposes). I
get the
> labels at www.uline.com

Datamax Thermal Printer (DMX-E-4203)

Post by Tim Bonann » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 02:18:41

Try STX "F" or STX "f"

Quote:> Call me lazy, but does anybody have programming experience with this line
of
> printers? I have a simple request, how can I get this printer to eject the
> printer to the tear-off point and then backfeed so a label is not wasted.

> I see the command: STX fnnn where nnn is 1/100 of an inch. I tried this
and it
> does do what I expect, it does nothing. Is there another special command
> cause the eject?

> This has got to be simple. I'm just missing something here. By the way,
these
> are nice, inexpensive, printers for thermal labels. I have purchased a
couple
> of these as low as $50 on eBay. I have two that are on-line for inventory
> control labels and shipping pro stickers (both for barcode purposes). I
get the
> labels at www.uline.com

1. Printer command for thermal printer Zebra 105Se

I am trying to print labels thru thermal printer using VPF6, and having
the following problem:

This printer requires I send a file with .zpl extension to the Zebra
printer.  If I send DOS command by RUN copy labfile.zpl lpt1, it works
fine.  The problem is, this command will only work if the printer is
attached to lpt1 of the computer I'm using.  If I'm working from other
station, then it doesn't work because the command is looking for local
printer.  I would like to send a command like COPY LABFILE.ZPL TO PORT
LPT1 PRINTER PROMPT  (which is not a VFP6) so that printer window pops
out and I can choose printer.  Thanks.

Chul Paik

2. SQL 7EE and Windows 2000AS

3. Interfacing to a Datamax Prodigy Plus Printer using Progress

4. Experienced Oracle, VB, C++ and PowerObjects searching for job

5. Thermal printers with Oracle 11i

6. Help! Need password for STS exams

7. Problem with Thermal Printer in P7-32

8. Relational DBMS for UNIX workstation

9. Thermal Printers.

10. FPW print to Thermal printer.

11. DMX Query to return record set to form Pivot Table

12. DMX query samples at msnusers

13. MSN groups example DMX queries