VFP6 form display on different monitors

Post by Dean Lesne » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have a project that I routinely access from either of two different
workstations.  One computer has a 15" monitor, and when I open a form in
design mode, I see the entire form.  The other computer has a 19" monitor,
and the display is set to 1024 x 768.  On that workstation, when I open a
form in design mode, only the upper left 640x 480 appears over a white area.
The rest of the screen has a gray background.  I can drag the title bar of
the form to the left to make the right side of the form visible, but I can't
find a way to make the entire form viewable, even though it's much smaller
than 1024 x 768.  Suggestions?  TIA

 - Dean Lesner

Post by Christian Desbours » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I have a project that I routinely access from either of two different
> workstations.  One computer has a 15" monitor, and when I open a form in
> design mode, I see the entire form.  The other computer has a 19" monitor,
> and the display is set to 1024 x 768.  On that workstation, when I open a
> form in design mode, only the upper left 640x 480 appears over a white area.
> The rest of the screen has a gray background.  I can drag the title bar of
> the form to the left to make the right side of the form visible, but I can't
> find a way to make the entire form viewable, even though it's much smaller
> than 1024 x 768.  Suggestions?  TIA

change the settings in Tools/Options/Forms/Max design area
set to default to keep the setting for future sessions

Christian Desbourse (Belgium)

VFP6 form display on different monitors

Post by Rick Bea » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Dean,
On the VFP Menu select Tools -> Options... -> Forms Tab -> Maximum design
area - set to higher than 640x480. Don't forget to click on the Set as
Default, or you'll have to set it again the next time you start up VFP.

Rick

Quote:> I have a project that I routinely access from either of two different
> workstations.  One computer has a 15" monitor, and when I open a form in
> design mode, I see the entire form.  The other computer has a 19" monitor,
> and the display is set to 1024 x 768.  On that workstation, when I open a
> form in design mode, only the upper left 640x 480 appears over a white
area.
> The rest of the screen has a gray background.  I can drag the title bar of
> the form to the left to make the right side of the form visible, but I
can't
> find a way to make the entire form viewable, even though it's much smaller
> than 1024 x 768.  Suggestions?  TIA

>  - Dean Lesner

1. Report form prints different in VFP5 than in VFP6

I have a report form designed in VFP6.0, using Arial, and Arial Narrow
fontfaces.
When I run it from VFP5.0 it prints twice as big so that what I get on a
page is
only the upper left quarter of a page. It picks the orientation (landscape)
right...
Any suggestion?

Thank you very much.
--
Doru Zamfirescu,
Vancouver, BC

2. Urgent: Problems with Permissions in ISQL

3. P5, viewing forms on different monitors

4. Problem w/ MRO

5. Display Screen Size with form on different machines

6. Find Request

7. Displaying different picture file formats within forms.

8. oracle connectivity ado v oo4o

9. Anyone display different colors in PER form screens?

10. Adding forms to a form set (VFP6)

11. SQL select different results on different forms

12. How to display screen properties in VFP6?

13. Displaying Unique Items in VFP6 Report