Maximum length for a query

Post by Carles Blas Anglad » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way to set the maximum length of an SQL statement above 1024
bytes? (OpenIngres 1.2)

Thank you in advance

Carles Blas
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona

1. Maximum length of a query

That was a long time ago ;-).  There has been no hard-wired upper limit
for several releases now.

[ It's rather amusing to watch MySQL's crashme test trying to discover
our maximum query length.  At least on my machine, the Perl process
running crashme hits the kernel's per-process memory limit and dies,
while the backend it's talking to is still comfortably under the limit.
I wonder whether MySQL regards that as a test failure ... ]

                        regards, tom lane

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

2. stored procedure

3. security news in oracle 8?

4. maximum length of SQL queries ?!

5. DBASE IV temp files

6. Maximum query length...

7. available/free value of "open objects"

8. Maximum MDX query length?

9. SQL Server 2000 Maximum query length

10. BCP: Increasing Maximum Query Length

11. maximum query length - osql