Gracefully Cancel a Running Query?

Post by Bria » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:31:56

I need a way to allow my users to cancel a query that takes to long in VFP 6.0

Here are the issues:

-    I cannot use the escape key since I a driving an "increment" function in a
progress bar with the WHERE clause.  ( WHERE OPROGBAR.INC() ) The escape key
Cancels the program.

-    I have not found a way to issue CANCEL without closing an application that
issues a READ EVENTS from its main program (no modal form on startup).  (I used:
ON KEY LABEL F12 CANCEL -it killed the query and the app right along with it)

-    I have tried using on ON KEY LABEL to set a public kill toggle (I even added
a property to _SCREEN and tried that) and issue a where clause like "WHERE .NOT.
_SCREEN.MODEKILLTOGGLE".  The query ignores the toggle if it is changed in mid
query, but not when said query is initiated.

     It would be cool if my users could cancel a query without CTRL - ALT -
DELETE :) hehe

Thanx
Brian

1. How To Cancel Long Running Query ?

Hi everybody!
Is there any way I could cancel long running sql query on SQL Server 2000 ?
According to the docs killing a process is not possible wile executing
SELECT statement.
Is there any other tricky or secret way to do it ?

Regards,
Tom Jastrzebski

2. Report Writers

3. How to Cancel a L O N G running Sql Query with ADO

4. how do I querry a Foxpro DB from Sql 7.0

5. : Cancel a running SQL query

6. 32 BIT ODBC Driver Problem With Oracle Server Ver. 7.1

7. How to send a command in VB.ADO to cancel running queries

8. Export to Excel

9. : Cancel a running SQL query

10. cancel a running query?

11. Canceling a LONG running query?