Posting of binary files.

Post by Jerry Pen » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

A few days ago, I posted a request for a
solution to a problem that I was having
regarding displaying asterisks in a password
entry field. I also posted the FoxPro screen
files and data files necessary for someone
else to recreate the problem that I was
having. I had no idea that by posting these
files, I would wind up angering and or
offending some of the readers of this forum.
For this, I sincerely apologize. I needed a
solution and figured that whoever responded
to my request would surely need the exact
programming data that I was using. What I
will do in the future, and should have done
then is to ask for assistance, then send the
files required via e-mail to anyone kind
enough to agree to help me. Once again,
please accept my apology for posting files to
this group without first determining that it
was an acceptable practice. I recently
discovered this group and felt that what I
was doing would be perfectly acceptable.
Thanks to all who responded to my request.

Sincerely,
Jerry Penny