SQL call from Linux

Post by Nicolas DUTEI » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:17:58

How can i access Pervasive SQL 2000 through C program under Linux ?

SQL call from Linux

Post by Tom Lac » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 00:52:21

Nicolas,

You can write to the ODBC API or the Btrieve API.  You can get information
and manuals from:

Index to up-to-date pulications:
http://www.pervasive.com/developerzone/techlibrary/index.tml

Pervasive.SQL 2000 specific:
http://www.pervasive.com/support/technical/product/psql2k.tml

Note:  No Pervasive.SQL requesters currently exist for Linux, so any
application running on Linux will have access only to the local engine.

Thanks,
Tom

>How can i access Pervasive SQL 2000 through C program under Linux ?

1. Calling procedures from PL/SQl functions (called from a SQL stmt)

Hi,

This is a bit convoluted but:

- I am using an application that can only execute SQL statements
- The SQL statement can call user defined functions
- The function in turn can  call procedures

However, I noticed that the procedure that is called cannot do any
updates, inserts or deletes. Is there a trick  to get past this ?

select myfunc(parent) from dual;

Function myfunc
bom_exploder(parent)  <---- this proc does a BOM explosion which inserts

records into a temp table.

End;

Thanks,
AR

2. Cannot attach to a SQL table via MS-Access

3. Third call for platform testing (linux 2.4.x)

4. Oracle DBA- Free Pizza!

5. Call for platforms (linux 2.4.x ?)

6. Help: Open Client on PC

7. Calling all linux oracle gurus!!!!!!

8. Recruiter-US-GA--Pre-Sales SE's for Relational Database Co. needed! OLAP, Unix

9. Domino from Linux to Call DB2 on NT (Date format has Y2K problem)

10. Calling d3 from perl where d3 is on another linux machine inside a firewall

11. pascal programs with btrieve calls on linux

12. SQL*Loader missing defaults when called from Unix's system call