Control wIntegrate from Excel

Post by Juan Pablo Gonzál » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 06:07:17

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to develop an application that controls wIntegrate from
Excel, to send and receive data.  I know that I can create a new
instance of the program by using

Set Obj = CreateObject("wIntegrate.document")

but for some reason, I can't connect to an existing instance of
wIntegrate, which is what I need, with this:

Set Obj = GetObject(, "wIntegrate.document")

I'm thinking that DDE might be a possible way to do it too, but I
don't know the commands that I can use, for example, to send a F5 key
to the wIntegrate screen in order to change the current window.

Any ideas or references would be more than welcome

Regards,

Juan Pablo Gonzlez

Control wIntegrate from Excel

Post by Peter Kenyo » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:49:55

Quote:> Good afternoon,

> I'm trying to develop an application that controls wIntegrate from
> Excel, to send and receive data.  I know that I can create a new
> instance of the program by using

> Set Obj = CreateObject("wIntegrate.document")

> but for some reason, I can't connect to an existing instance of
> wIntegrate, which is what I need, with this:

> Set Obj = GetObject(, "wIntegrate.document")

> I'm thinking that DDE might be a possible way to do it too, but I
> don't know the commands that I can use, for example, to send a F5 key
> to the wIntegrate screen in order to change the current window.

> Any ideas or references would be more than welcome

I don't know if this will work for wIntegrate or not, but it might be worth
a try:

Set Obj = GetObject(, "wIntegrate.Application")

Peter

Control wIntegrate from Excel

Post by George » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:28:02

IBM has PDF documents regarding wIntegrate on their web site. I do
know that there are wintegrate subroutines that you can call from a
basic programs to pop Excel and then pass data to Excel via DDE but I
do not know if you can do the reverse - control wIntegrate from Excel.

If you figure out a way to do that, please post your findings. Thanks

Quote:> Good afternoon,

Post by Juan Pablo Gonzál » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:11:33

> I don't know if this will work for wIntegrate or not, but it might be worth
> a try:

> Set Obj = GetObject(, "wIntegrate.Application")

> Peter

Thanks Peter, unfortunately, that one broke too.  The documentation I
found here:

https://www-927.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support/u2techconnect/downlo...

states that to use Automation with wIntegrate you use
"wIntegrate.document" and then get the session from that object.  But
all the examples, everything I've seen creates a new instance of the
application, which works (I've seen it working ! ;) ), but haven't
found ONE example of how to use an existing session, which is very
strange !!

Thanks again.

Post by Juan Pablo Gonzál » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:56:56

> IBM has PDF documents regarding wIntegrate on their web site. I do
> know that there are wintegrate subroutines that you can call from a
> basic programs to pop Excel and then pass data to Excel via DDE but I
> do not know if you can do the reverse - control wIntegrate from Excel.

> If you figure out a way to do that, please post your findings. Thanks

George, in the PDF file that I linked above they give some basic
examples on how to control wIntegrate as a DDE server (Page 66).  I
have that working, but, I still don't know how to send the 'special
keys'...

1. Trouble w/Decimals in excel data transfer from Universe via wIntegrate

When I transfer a data file from Universe, my dollar figure cuts off
the trailing zeros and I'd rather it not.  (I.E. $40.90 will appear in
excel as $40.9)

Is there a way through the Import process through wIntegrate to make
sure that the decimals stay as an 'MD2'?  I've played with the
dictionary item and flags set in the import process but I could not
find anything that would force the 2 decimal places.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Script file to do back up of OnLine database

3. Using ActiveX controls in wIntegrate a dialog

4. Name resolution and OCI client environment on Solaris. Please help.

5. viewing calculated members in Excel PivotT with Excel 2000 and Excel XP

6. Attach database problem

7. Controlling ADP from Excel with VBA

8. VB 5.0 /SQL 6.5 "Communication Link Failure" - NEED HELP!!!

9. Excel PivotTable controls available???

10. controlling font in excel export

11. Calculated Fields with Online Cube using Excel vs PivotTable Control

12. Data Control and Excel SpreadSheet

13. Take the control of Excel via Visual Basic