PHP-Progress database connection on Linux

PHP-Progress database connection on Linux

Post by PROGTE » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:15:46

Hi All,

For PHP-Progress database connection through Merant ODBC Driver on
Linux:

Go to:
http://www.progteg.com/english/documents.html

and download the "PHP-Progress database connection"

Best Regards
PROGTEG

Progress Turkey Group
http://www.progteg.com

1. Ingres II 2.6 and PHP with Apache,Linux / Connection problem

Hi,

Yes, I know that the problem has been already raised and solved in
in these cases with our configuration we are unable to make the
connection between our PHP client and the Ingres database.

The environment is the following :
PHP 4.3.1
Ingres II 2.6/0207 (int.lnx/02)
Linux Red Hat 7.3

When we try to connect, the connection is denied with the following
error : E_GC1008-INVALID_USER in the errlog.log

Obviously, we checked before that the user (default or specified into
the Ingres_connect PHP statement) is a valid one.

The script which starts Apache exports II_SYSTEM to "/home"

Also, having searched accross already posted threads for this kind of
problem we configured the server as the following :

ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.ingres.enabled:      true
ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.null.enabled:        true
ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.system.enabled:      true
ii.lindvs.gcf.mechanism_location:       /home/ingres/lib
ii.lindvs.gcf.mechanisms:
ii.lindvs.gcf.remote_auth_error:        ignore
ii.lindvs.gcf.security_mechanism:       system

and also tried the last entry to "null" or "ingres" (by the way our
system accounts are managed through NIS)

At least, the result is deseparately always the same ...

Any help would be (greatly) appreciated !

Lcorch Eric

GANIL

Grand Accelerateur National d'Ions Lourds

BP 55027 14076 Caen Cedex 5 France

Tel    : (0)2 31 45 47 35
Fax    : (0)2 31 45 47 28

web    : http://www.ganil.fr

2. problem with INSERT statement in VB

3. PHP/Python/Perl with a Progress Database

4. Invalid Picture error message

5. PHP+Progress

6. how can I fix this?

7. php + progress

8. Help! Create DSN with code

9. Progress serveur and Kylix or PHP

10. progress / php / odbc problem

11. Connect PHP with Progress via OIB/OID/ using ODBC for SQL89

12. MSSQL_connect from PHP on linux

13. connecting to SQL Server 7 from Linux / Apache / PHP