Web access to Production data ???

Post by Regan Galbrait » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi there all ,

  I have been tasked to look at designing an architecture for clients to
access data  via the Internet . The client machine would connect ,
update data , transmit sales etc., and request new rates etc. Some of
our people feel that these clients should be connecting to our on-line
production database on the mainframe ( DB2 v4.1)  . I lean heavily to
creating a skeleton database    ( probably UDB on an NT server ) with
some kind of replication process ( Data propagator etc. ) between the
databases .

Anyone out there done this ? I'd really appreciate hearing what others
have done with this ?
Please reply to me personally ( remove  nospam. from the reply address )
, or post to the group .

Thanx
  Regan

Web access to Production data ???

Post by Bi » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 08 Dec 1997 15:05:56 +0200, Regan Galbraith

Im interested in this subject also.  I  think that having stored procs
in a CGI or perl script would be the way to go. Allowing anyone to
connect  to your LIVE databases would be a really DANGEROUS  idea!

Quote:>Hi there all ,