Exporting file properties in XML format for integration in databases

Exporting file properties in XML format for integration in databases

Post by Patrick Peccatt » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:45:07

We would like to inform about the last version v3.1 of our metadata extration software Catalogue.
Catalogue works on management of documents properties : MS office, Windows 2000 files, OpenOffice.org, JPEG, PDF in 3 ways :

- interactive mode as an interface sorting them on properties values, accessing or applying changes if needed (for example to
change a company name on a set of documents when corporate documents must be updated after a merge);

- ouput mode as a report generator that creates HTML sorted summaries or directories lists in a csv or word format;

- export mode creating XML metadata files that can be performed by XSL transformations for specific presentation purposes or
to propose data in a format that other other applications can easily integrate.

This opens Catalogue to several business usages and can even be used as a learning tool to illustrate XML, RDF, Dublin Core
concepts.
The software page is available at : http://peccatte.karefil.com/software/Catalogue/CatalogueENG.htm with an evaluation
version 3.1
Feel free to try it and don't hesitate to contact us for any information your need
www.softexperience.com

1. Import/Export XML formatted files

I need to import an XML file(s) into SQL Server, and
subsequently export data in an xml format from SQL
Server.  I tried using the DTS import/export text file
facility, but was very surprised that there weren't any
options for an xml formatted text file.  Am I missing
something?  I find it nearly impossible to believe that
SQL Server 2000 doesn't have a native means of importing
and exporting from/to an xml formatted file.  Can anyone
suggest a means of accomplishing my objective?

I'm running SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP.

2. Problems with SQL Server application roles and ADO on IIS

3. Using DTS to export a XML format file.

4. calc for lookup

5. Exporting database records to XML format

6. Micorsoft's JDBC Driver not usable?

7. export all the class properties to file or database

8. getting a count on instances of one string in another string?

9. EXPORT File Format / Export API

10. Exporting database to XML file !

11. XML Relational Database File Format?

12. Export SQL data in XML Format

13. Exporting SQL Server 2000 Data to XML format