AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities

Post by George Graha » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Introducing regionalized training for SB+. Adapt Software now brings SB+ to
you. We have scheduled SB+ training in 26 cities across the US in the year
2000. This is a very faced paced, but very comprehensive 4 day class that
covers all aspects of developing within SB+, including GUI development. All
classes are hands on and each student will be provided with a comprehensive
training manual along with sample data and a multimedia presentation to
supplement the training. Please visit our web site for more details at
http:\\www.adaptsoftware.com

George Graham
Adapt Software, Inc.

972-714-4461

AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities

Post by Mike Woodin » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

George

Apologies in advance for "Picking" on your post.  I did resist my initial
urge to hit "reply to group" as soon as I read it, but I went away and
thought about it for an hour or so (before coming back and hitting it).

But, I couldn't help it and had to have a minor rant at this point.

<rant>
Companies are quite happy to spend ump* thousand dollars having a glossy
brochure designed by the sales and marketing team, then written by the ad
boys and girls, checked for accuracy by the techies, proof-read, modified,
proof-read again, etc. etc. to make sure it presents their message clearly
and concisely, but more importantly, that it shows their company in the
"best light".

However, when it comes to e-mails and newsgroup postings, the usual rules of
Sales and Marketing seem unimportant.  Your post says "faced paced" - I
assume you meant "fast paced".  A simple mistake your spelling checker
missed, but one you should not have missed when you re-read your post just
before hitting the "Send" button.

Also, you used backslashes when referencing your web-site, not forward
slashes.  A common mistake, but still wrong and almost laughable when you
consider you are a technology company and don't know how to type a URL.

It doesn't make me want to jump on the next plane from Britain to one of
these 26 US cities and sign up for one of your courses.

More generally, the point I am making here is that because posting to
newsgroups and corresponding via e-mail is so much easier than the
traditional methods of typing a letter / brochure / flyer / whatever, the
two most important steps of any sales and marketing activity are often
forgotten.  However, do they become any less important because I'm reading
this at my computer and not from an envelope?  I think not, but the general
tenet of "on-line world" seems to differ.  Somebody please tell me I'm
wrong?
</rant>

George, again I apologise for singling your post out when there are
typically several examples each week that I could have chosen.  Yours was
the unfortunate one that hit my "InBox" at the wrong time.

Please do not take anything I have said personally, and I wish you well with
your training courses.

Regards

Mike Wooding

> Introducing regionalized training for SB+. Adapt Software now brings SB+
> you. We have scheduled SB+ training in 26 cities across the US in the year
> 2000. This is a very faced paced, but very comprehensive 4 day class that
> covers all aspects of developing within SB+, including GUI development.
All
> classes are hands on and each student will be provided with a
comprehensive
> training manual along with sample data and a multimedia presentation to
> supplement the training. Please visit our web site for more details at
> http:\\www.adaptsoftware.com

> George Graham
> Adapt Software, Inc.

> 972-714-4461

AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities

Post by Jim Idl » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> <rant>
> Somebody please tell me I'm wrong?

All right. You're wrong big nose!

AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities

Post by Concerned Netize » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How much?

> Introducing regionalized training for SB+. Adapt Software now brings SB+
> you. We have scheduled SB+ training in 26 cities across the US in the year
> 2000. This is a very faced paced, but very comprehensive 4 day class that
> covers all aspects of developing within SB+, including GUI development.
All
> classes are hands on and each student will be provided with a
comprehensive
> training manual along with sample data and a multimedia presentation to
> supplement the training. Please visit our web site for more details at
> http:\\www.adaptsoftware.com

> George Graham
> Adapt Software, Inc.

> 972-714-4461

AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities

Post by Mike Woodin » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Jim

Considering the trouble there's been with your previous "nospam" e-mail
address, I think it would be safe to reply with:

<french accent>
Your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries.
</french accent>

Regards

Mike :)

Quote:

Post by Pete Jewel » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Jim

> Considering the trouble there's been with your previous "nospam" e-mail
> address, I think it would be safe to reply with:

> <french accent>
> Your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries.
> </french accent>

<french accent>
Go away you silly english kernigits, or I shall fart in your general
direction!
</french accent>

Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

--
Pete Jewell
Example Systems Ltd.

Post by Luke Webbe » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

><french accent>
>Go away you silly english kernigits, or I shall fart in your general
>direction!
></french accent>

Tsk, tsk! That should be...

<french accent>
Go away you silly english kernigits, or I shall taunt you a second time.
</french accent>

"I fart in your general direction" came before the hamster crack.

Well, this is a "pick" ng, after all. <g>

Quote:>Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

Me neither! ;^)

Luke

Post by Pete Jewel » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> ><french accent>
> >Go away you silly english kernigits, or I shall fart in your general
> >direction!
> ></french accent>

> Tsk, tsk! That should be...

> <french accent>
> Go away you silly english kernigits, or I shall taunt you a second time.
> </french accent>

> "I fart in your general direction" came before the hamster crack.

> Well, this is a "pick" ng, after all. <g>

> >Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

> Me neither! ;^)

It's a fair cop ;-)

--
Pete Jewell
Example Systems Ltd.
The views expressed in this email are not neccesarily those of Example
Systems Ltd unless explicitly stated.

AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities

Post by Jim Idl » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Jim

> Considering the trouble there's been with your previous "nospam" e-mail
> address, I think it would be safe to reply with:

> <french accent>
> Your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries.
> </french accent>

I deny it! Why do you think I have this outrageous accent?

Jimi

AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities

Post by sdavmo » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> ><french accent>
> >Go away you silly english kernigits, or I shall fart in your
general
> >direction!
> ></french accent>

> Tsk, tsk! That should be...

> <french accent>
> Go away you silly english kernigits, or I shall taunt you a second
time.
> </french accent>

> "I fart in your general direction" came before the hamster crack.

> Well, this is a "pick" ng, after all. <g>

> >Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

> Me neither! ;^)

> Luke

"Yeah, you have to know these things when your a king, you know."
--
Steven Davies-Morris (SDM) -- A 21st Century Schizoid Man
Applications Liberate Hardware / JES, Inc

Personal: http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Island/1274
Systems Theory: http://systemstheory.net/

AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities

Post by sdavmo » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > Jim

> > Considering the trouble there's been with your previous "nospam"
e-mail
> > address, I think it would be safe to reply with:

> > <french accent>
> > Your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries.
> > </french accent>

> I deny it! Why do you think I have this outrageous accent?

> Jimi

Because "...strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords is no
basis for a system of government..."?
--

Post by Luke Webbe » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>Because "...strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords is no
>basis for a system of government..."?

OTOH, John 'oward, our current Australian PM got the job just because some
moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at 'im. I'd've done the same in 'er place,
but not 'andle first. Personally I'd rather be livin' in an
anarcho-syndicalist commune. Still, at least we've got plenty o' lovely muck
'ere!

NEXT!

Luke

1. AD: SB+ Training in 26 US Cities - Repost

Thanks to a private email point out the inaccuracies in our email, we have
reposted this with the corrections

Introducing regionalized training for SB+. Adapt Software now brings SB+ to
you. We have scheduled SB+ training in 26 cities across the US in the year
2000. This is a very fast paced, but very comprehensive 4 day class that
covers all aspects of developing within SB+, including GUI development. All
classes are hands on and each student will be provided with a comprehensive
training manual along with sample data and a multimedia presentation to
supplement the training. Please visit our web site for more details at
http://www.adaptsoftware.com

George Graham
Adapt Software, Inc.

972-714-4461

2. Progress XREF and Documenting Tools

3. AD: SB+ Training Conference 2002

4. How to select tables existing in a TABLESPACE ??

5. AD: SB+ Training Video (CD) Series Available!

6. Create database failed

7. Atlantic Oracle Training Conference - April 25-26, 2002

8. How to find version of pdoxwin

9. Announce: NIST SQL training June 26-27

10. Repost: NIST Test Suite Training June 26-27