Unilaterly Changing Set Century

Post by ZorkBe » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Dear Programmers,

  I have been porting a FPW 2.6 application to VFP 6.0.  For the most part, the
port has been going over much smoother than I expected.  I was dismayed,

take 4 digits years.  Is there anyway I can avoid having to use the NAME
command for each screen containing dates and use the object properties override
for EVERY DATE field in the application??!!!!  It seems thats is what I am
going to have to do, and it really sucks, because it seems to me there should

Frankly, I'd just as soon keep it 4 digit year entry across the board, but
gotta make the clients happy.  And , if reference to an earlier post, dont tell

anyway.  Just setting SET CENTURY OFF will not do the trick since the help
states that the object.century setting defaults to SET CENTURY ON instead of
the SET('CENTURY') setting.  I just dont know what they were thinking on that
one.

Thanks in Advance,

Michael Occhipinti

Unilaterly Changing Set Century

Post by Wolfgang Schmal » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello ZorkBear!
The easiest way to get what you want is the class way.
Create your own DATEinput class, with the properties you need and assign
this class as standard for date fields in the options dialog.

--

mfg

Wolfgang Schmale / Germany

ZorkBear schrieb in Nachricht

>Dear Programmers,

>  I have been porting a FPW 2.6 application to VFP 6.0.  For the most part,
the
>port has been going over much smoother than I expected.  I was dismayed,

still
>take 4 digits years.  Is there anyway I can avoid having to use the NAME
>command for each screen containing dates and use the object properties
override
>for EVERY DATE field in the application??!!!!  It seems thats is what I am
>going to have to do, and it really sucks, because it seems to me there
should

>Frankly, I'd just as soon keep it 4 digit year entry across the board, but
>gotta make the clients happy.  And , if reference to an earlier post, dont
tell

>anyway.  Just setting SET CENTURY OFF will not do the trick since the help
>states that the object.century setting defaults to SET CENTURY ON instead
of
>the SET('CENTURY') setting.  I just dont know what they were thinking on
that
>one.

>Thanks in Advance,

>Michael Occhipinti

Unilaterly Changing Set Century

Post by Clayton Ainswort » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

still
>take 4 digits years.  Is there anyway I can avoid having to use the NAME

with CENTURY ON, displaying 4 digit years, textboxes will still accept
2-digit years for input and assign the century according to the SET CENTURY
TO setting in effect for that particular datasession.
We use
    SET CENTURY ON
    SET CENTURY TO INT(YEAR(DATE())/100) ROLLOVER 0
in order to insure any 2 digit year uses the current century (19, 20, 21,
whatever)

Post by Dan Freema » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Dear Programmers,

>gotta make the clients happy.  And , if reference to an earlier post, dont
tell

>anyway.

Wouldn't think of it. <gd&r>

You wouldn't have this problem if you had your textbox class properly set up
so that it only accepted a 2-digit year but you can't take advantage of that
because it's easier to port. Now you're stuck with a huge effort because you
stubbornly insist on continuing with the port.

This IS just the beginning.

Quote:>  I just dont know what they were thinking on that one.

They were responding to the SCREAMS of thousands of developers world-wide
for better response to a little problem called Y2K that's coming up. I can
now write apps that actually pass Y2K certification. In FPW it was much more
difficult if not impossible. I just went through a Y2K certification this
week with a client, and a load test, and a few other tests behind a
corporate acquisition. This start-up actually made it.

AND I can make the clients that want 2-character data entry happy by
flipping a switch. (After getting a client signature on a piece of paper
prepared by an attorney explaining my reservations and relieving me of
culpability.)

You might try it. It's good stuff.

Dan

1. Change SET CENTURY TO "ON"

Does anyone know if I can SET CENTURY TO "ON" even though it was originally
set up to be OFF. This is several years old and I was not in on the
original set up. We need to get the year 2000 to show up as the expiration
date on mailing labels. If I change this now, will it affect the current
list? If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I think it is Fox
Pro 2.0 we are using.
Thanks,
Stacy

2. NY-NEW YORK-86754--Visual Basic-OLE-ORACLE-Windows NT-Senior DEVELOPER

3. Y2K - default century is 19xx in 21st century.

4. attach database question

5. Date - set century

6. Problem using ODBC to connect to Sybase, TDS bufferlength too large

7. SET CENTURY ROLLOVER in CONFIG.FPW

8. Function replicate can only write maximu 8000 bytes on text field ?

9. FPW2.6 set century on

10. Century setting 1999 Vs 99

11. SET CENTURY / VISUAL FOXPRO / Y2K

12. 4 digit dates in Textbox with SET CENTURY OFF

13. Question Regarding VFP 5.0 and SET CENTURY 19 ROLLOVER xx