W4GL (2.0) Table Fields - Entry Fields

Post by David A Nelso » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Well, my table field just about works - I can select into a table field
and display a list of entry fields - just one problem - no matter how
I define the format string, variable type, etc. it only displays one
character in each cell - which I can scroll through to read the whole
string.  How do I create an EntryField in a script to be more than one
character wide???

Cheers

David
--

Tel:    +44 (0)191 374 2573              Science Labs, South Road,
Fax:    +44 (0)191 374 2560              Durham, DH1 3LE, UK

W4GL (2.0) Table Fields - Entry Fields

Post by Christopher E » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> How do I create an EntryField in a script to be more than one
> character wide???

Have you set one of the attributes CharsPerLine, Width or OuterWidth
of your EntryField?  Most widely used is probably CharsPerLine.

If this doesn't help, please let us have a look at a piece of your
W4GL code.
        Christopher
Christopher Etz           Kopernikusstr. 28       D-65929 Frankfurt/Main

W4GL (2.0) Table Fields - Entry Fields

Post by David A Nelso » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Thanks everybody who tried to help me in getting dynamic table fields
working in Windows 4GL (v2).  I finally got it working last Friday.
If anybody's interested to see how I did it, I can let them see the
code.

Cheers

David
--

Tel:    +44 (0)191 374 2573              Science Labs, South Road,
Fax:    +44 (0)191 374 2560              Durham, DH1 3LE, UK

1. Coping Master table field entry to Detail table field entry

I have a law enforcement evidence tracking application which is made up of
a Master table (where the suspect personal address, citation number, etc.
information is entered) and then a detail table (where the seized equipment
articles are entered).

I use a citation number (L-01111) as the primary key field to link the two.
 When I arrive at the detail table to enter the numerous items I manually
enter the same citation number from the Master table (while adding a 001)
incrementally to each additional item (example - L-0111-001 as the first
item, then L-0111-002 as the second, and so on.  These become evidence tag
numbers for inventory purposes).

Is there a way to have the detail table copy the citation number
automatically from the Master table  "CitNo#"  field down into the detail
table "CitNo#"  field, and additionally add (if possible) the needed "-001"
behind that number?   The problem is I have officers put evidence tag
numbers of all descriptions in this field of the detail table and I'd like
to control that and have the application automatically enter the needed
sequence without need for officer entry in this field.

Thanks for any help you could spare me with this problem.

2. pgsql/doc/src/sgml installation.sgml

3. W4GL : Option Fields as columns in Table Fields

4. @@options

5. W4GL Multi-line entry field

6. Output to screen of DIR command

7. W4GL (v2.0) Table Fields Again

8. SQL Server Money Type

9. W4GL Table Fields

10. W4GL--CurRow of Nested Table Field

11. Help W4GL Table Fields

12. Reading from a File into W4GL Table Field

13. Dynamic Table Field in W4GL