Browse Question -FPW 2.6

Post by ShahJag » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:39:15

Hi -

 I am using FPW 2.6.

 In a browse mode, how can I make insert some default value in a field when
 the user mouse clicks in it, without typing the information in? Is it possible
in FPW 2.6

Thanks in advance

Browse Question -FPW 2.6

Post by Christian Desbours » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:53:13

> In a browse mode, how can I make insert some default value in a field when
>  the user mouse clicks in it, without typing the information in? Is it possible
> in FPW 2.6

as far as I can remember, there is no default clause in the BROWSE command.

You could try using the W: clause for the field and call a UDF which sets the
value of the field to the default

BROWSE FIELDS MyField :W=MyUDF()

FUNCTION MyUDF
REPLACE MyField WITH DefaultVal
RETURN .T.

Christian Desbourse (Belgium)

Browse Question -FPW 2.6

Post by Lew Schwart » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:41:05

Browse ... when <MyFunction()>
... should fire every time someone clicks on it.
- Lew S

Quote:> Hi -