Adodc1 and recordcount

Post by Anthon » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi everyone, I need to get a recordcount on an Oracle 8i database table.

I am using the folowing:
    Adodc1.RecordSource = SQLEditor.Text
    Adodc1.Refresh

However before the Adodc1.Refresh routine I would like to inform the user that
the data is being retrieved and it will be only a short amount of time before
they can continue. A Progressbar indicator or something would be visually helpful
for the users. I am reading up on the FetchProgress but have no examples to use,
nor do I know if I can use this in this case.

1. DAO Recordcount vs. ADO Recordcount

In DAO, to get a correct Recordcount, you had to do a movelast and a
movefirst of the recordset before you could use the recordcount.

Is this also necessary in ADO?

Many thanks and greetings from Brugge (Bruges - Belgium),

Michel

2. Strange SERIAL / Sequence error

3. adodc1 refresh

4. Support for text datatype in java/jdbc

5. adodc1

6. Clipper and number of index files

7. Adodc1 error

8. Posting of binary files.

9. Deleting All Records -ADODC1 control ado vb6

10. ADODC1 ConnectionString During run-time

11. CancelUpdate method of Adodc1.Recordset does not work

12. How do I Supress ADODC1 error?