MULTIMEDIA MEDICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS : Info please

MULTIMEDIA MEDICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS : Info please

Post by Darren Cra » Wed, 09 Nov 1994 19:49:45

I am currently performing an Honours project on multimedia databases
and applications.

I have selected an application in the medical field to prototype and would
appreciate any information on multimedia in medical information systems
especially databases.

I am going to be modelling data used in a medical surgery, and a training
tool, however information does not need to be restricted to this application.

Any information such as projects, research, applications in use would be
appreciated - contacts, e-mail addresses, WWW pages etc.  Database design
issues and something along those lines would also be of great help.

Thanking you in advance.

Darren

MULTIMEDIA MEDICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS : Info please

Post by Dr Guenther Ji » Sat, 12 Nov 1994 16:24:35

We have developed a Tool System for Medical Documentation
that supports multimedia by embedding OLE2-Objects and storing
them as BLOBs in our database.
It is not very fancy but a general apprach that we have
implemented with little effort.
At the moment our system is deployed at various departments
throughout or university hospital.

I could send you a more detailed description, if you're
interested.

Yours friendly,

Guenther Jilg
----

Theodor-Stern-Kai 7          | phone: (+49) 69 6301 6359
D-60590 Frankfurt am Main    | fax:   (+49) 69 6301 7373

1. Intellidata medical lab information systems info?

I am curious if anyone has had any experience with Intellidata medical lab
information systems applications written in PICK, (mvBASE). Any relevant
information is welcomed. (feel free to reply back channel - off list).

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Scott Richardson

Web: http://home.attbi.com/~CheetahFTL/CC

2. pgmonitor and Solaris

3. Medical office information systems

4. Scanner / Twain and FPW26

5. Multimedia Information Systems

6. moola

7. Information about multimedia database management systems (MDBMS)

8. Month to 2 digits

9. CFP: 6th International Workshop on Multimedia Information Systems

10. CFP: Intelligent Multimedia Information Retrieval Systems and Management (RIAO '94)

11. MEDICAL INFO DATABSES on my laptop...any sources?

12. Company Info - SANDATA / Medical Health Cards

13. Information on Multimedia Databases