Time dimension members sorting improperly when fetching cellset from cube

Time dimension members sorting improperly when fetching cellset from cube

Post by Mariusz Bors » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I've added the Time dimension normally , specifying Year,Month,Day,Hour schema, and the results (day of month, hour of day)  sort as if they were character data - e.g. I have hours in order 10,11,12,6,7,8,9 etc. The same for days of the month - I have 1,11,12,..28,29,30,4,5,6 - apparently not what I want.

I've double checked that KeyDataType property for Hour,Day and Month levels of my Time dimension is Integer, and that Order By Key property of this level is True.

Anyone had similar problems? Please let me know.

Regards

*Net S.C. ( http://www.*net.krakow.pl )

Time dimension members sorting improperly when fetching cellset from cube

Post by Mariusz Bors » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

And, of course, i've forgotten the important thing - I'm using the Microsoft OLAP Services bundled within MS SQL Server 7.0 (with SQL/OLAP Service Packs applied)

*Net S.C. ( http://www.*net.krakow.pl )

Time dimension members sorting improperly when fetching cellset from cube

Post by ekn.. » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I don't use MS OLAP, but a suggestion may be to set the day and time
tags to be the same size (01, 02, 10, 11, etc.)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Time dimension members sorting improperly when fetching cellset from cube

Post by Marco Aurelio Ribeir » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi
Instead I would suggest you create a table (dimension) called FISCAL YEAR,
with starting and end dates; each fiscal year in turn divided into any kind
of period you want(month,week,quarter and so on); each of these sub-periods
in turn has a start and end date based on the parent fiscal year - the date
formats should be MM/DD/yyyy, according to MS standards for dates;

I hope you find this helpful

I've added the Time dimension normally , specifying Year,Month,Day,Hour
schema, and the results (day of month, hour of day)  sort as if they were
character data - e.g. I have hours in order 10,11,12,6,7,8,9 etc. The same
for days of the month - I have 1,11,12,..28,29,30,4,5,6 - apparently not
what I want.

I've double checked that KeyDataType property for Hour,Day and Month levels
of my Time dimension is Integer, and that Order By Key property of this
level is True.

Anyone had similar problems? Please let me know.

Regards

*Net S.C. ( http://www.*net.krakow.pl )

1. Filter Time dimension members based on Current member

Hi all,

I have a cube which has two dimensions,
Time - Year, Week, Day
State

and one measure,
Level.

I want to create a calculated member YTD Avg, which is the
average of the Levels of the same days of the week in all
the weeks in the same year. For examples, the value of
this new calculated member for 1/30/2002, Wednesday, is
the average of the levels of 1/2/2002, 1/9/2002, 1/16/2002
and 1/23/2002.

I have been trying to use Filter function like

Avg(Filter(LastPeriods(360, ParallelPeriod([Time].
[Week],1)), VBA!Weekday(VBA!DateValue
([Time].CurrentMember.Name))=??? AND VBA!Year(VBA!DateValue
([Time].CurrentMember.Name))=???),Level)

But I don't know how to fill in ??? with the day of the
week and the year of the current [Time].[Day] member.
Obviously, I cannot use CurrentMember, because the
CurrentMember in the formula above refers to the member in
the filtered set. Is any one here can help me with this?
Or is there another solution without using Filter?

Thanks in advance,
Yan

2. odbc32.dll??

3. Counting members timing out for time dimension

4. Installation Help

5. Create a virtual cube from two cubes with different time dimensions(levels)

6. Recordset Not Firing Events

7. Dimension Member Name & Dimension Member ID

8. Sheduled Export >> for Web also ODBC

9. Filter dimension members based on current dimension member

10. Filter dimension members based on Current dimension member

11. Problem: Define Custom member on local cube creation (Not measures dimension)

12. Custom members in Cube Dimension

13. moving a dimension member after a cube has been built