'addnew' function?

Post by cato » Sat, 01 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

i tried the 'addnew' functio with TDC data source objects from a textfile.
My question is: how can i add a record in the textfile with 'addnew'? I
tried with 'update', following the ADO-syntax, but that new record never
appears in the textfile.
I thought 'addnew' is for adding a record in the cache recordset and
'update' for writing in that textfile.

Any idea?
Thanks

1. Slow Record Addition using VC++ CRecordSet's AddNew and Update functions

I have derived a class from CRecordSet that accesses a table (say MyTable)
in the SQLServer 6.5. As the records in MyTable increases the AddNew and
Update functions take a longer time to add a new record to the table. It
can be snail slow (approx. 1 min) to add a new record when there are more
than 30,000 records in the table.

May I know if there are other ways to improve the speed of adding a new
record?

Many thanks.

2. Wanted: Fox Pro Visual Programmer (Los Angeles)

3. Addnew Doesn't Addnew!

4. COPY/PASTE RECORD

5. MultiUser Database DAO - 'Addnew'

6. Protolight File Toolbox plugin and Bound V4 Files

7. Q: Controlling query execution priorities

9. Function like Oracle 'rownum'

10. CryptoAPI function 'CryptoAcquireContext' failed

11. mdx 'count' function

12. Using the EXCEL function 'Choose'