Condition appear on Form

Post by Felix Leun » Sun, 08 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Don't know why the value will return on the Form, how can I prevent it
happens?

for example:

click_event  ----->  show button
thisform.cmdCancel.Enabled = .F.

after I click on the show button, ".F." will shown on the form, I have no
idea why this will happening.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Felix

Condition appear on Form

Post by Dean G » Mon, 09 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I think issuing a SET TALK OFF in your setup code will eliminate that
problem.

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998 20:20:42 -0800, "Felix Leung"

:Don't know why the value will return on the Form, how can I prevent it
:happens?
:
:for example:
:
:click_event  ----->  show button
:thisform.cmdCancel.Enabled = .F.
:
:after I click on the show button, ".F." will shown on the form, I have no
:idea why this will happening.
:
:Any suggestions would be appreciated.
:
:Felix
:
:
:

Dean Gay (aka Chase)
http://www.pacificnet.net/~dmg/

"Man is not a rational animal,
 but a rationalizing one."
~Robert A. Heinlein~

Condition appear on Form

Post by Anders Altber » Mon, 09 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Felix
Do you by any chance happen to have a ? in front of a property assignment?
 ? thisfrom.something = anything
instead of
  thisform.something = anything.
Have you got SET TALK OFF or ON?

-Anders

>Don't know why the value will return on the Form, how can I prevent it
>happens?

>for example:

>click_event  ----->  show button
>thisform.cmdCancel.Enabled = .F.

>after I click on the show button, ".F." will shown on the form, I have no
>idea why this will happening.

>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

>Felix

Condition appear on Form

Post by Alexandre Pechtchans » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:>Don't know why the value will return on the Form, how can I prevent it
>happens?

>for example:

>click_event  ----->  show button
>thisform.cmdCancel.Enabled = .F.

>after I click on the show button, ".F." will shown on the form, I have no
>idea why this will happening.

>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check "SET TALK" setting.

[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

1. Raiserror message from Trigger doesn't appear in Access 2000 form

I have a trigger on a table:

if ErrorCondition
begin
     Raiserror('error message text',16,1)
    Rollback Transaction
    return
end

I have an Access 2000 form which updates the table.  The form has a command
button which issues a docmd.close.

If I enter incorrect data in the form to fire the trigger, and click on the
command button, the record does not get committed to the database, BUT
access does not display a message box displaying the error.

If instead, I click on the "X" in the top-right of the window to close the
form, a message box is displayed containing the text from the Raiserror.

How do I get the Raiserror message text to appear in the message box if the
trigger fires and I do a DoCmd.Close?

It seems like Raiserror messages from triggers don't get displayed in VBA if
they're fired while VBA is running.

Is this an Access 2000 bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Neil

2. Importing Large Amounts of Data

3. Unwanted Open Form and Open Report Dialogs appearing

4. NJ-Hazlet-56075--Communication Skills-ORACLE-Testing Applications-Other

5. Q: How do I make default table field values appear in a form

6. sync for tables

7. Gray Area Appears After Closing Form

8. TempDB is Massive

9. stray graphical box appearing on form after pageframe page activated

10. Selecting a perfect match OR ANY met condition of 10 conditions

11. DTS Multiple Condition Workflow Using OR Condition

12. Needing to add a condition based on a condition