Conditional Attributes in Report Writer?

Conditional Attributes in Report Writer?

Post by Da » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Is there any way to have a field in a report print in BOLD If a
condition exists?

i.e.  If the contents of this field contain a certain key word, print
the field in BOLD otherwise print normal.

Conditional Attributes in Report Writer?

Post by Stephen C. Russel » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Dan, I would have 2 fileds one on top of the other.  One of them would
have the font BOLD and the other standard.  IIF() teh condition and
print the value or ' ' nothing depending on its print attributes.

__Stephen Russell

> Is there any way to have a field in a report print in BOLD If a
> condition exists?

> i.e.  If the contents of this field contain a certain key word, print
> the field in BOLD otherwise print normal.

Conditional Attributes in Report Writer?

Post by Moribun » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there any way to have a field in a report print in BOLD If a
> condition exists?

> i.e.  If the contents of this field contain a certain key word, print
> the field in BOLD otherwise print normal.

        Instead of figuring out how to change the font on the fly I just put two
fields on the report.  One will print in one case while the other becomes
hidden.  This will do what you want, though it might not be the BEST way of
doing it.

                        Damo

Conditional Attributes in Report Writer?

Post by Barbara Paltie » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Make a second copy of your field, and paste them one on top of the other.
In the Print When of one, put 'MYWORD' $ rptdata.Myfield.  In the other
put !'MYWORD' $ rptdata.Myfield.   One will be bold, the other regular.

Barbara Paltiel

Post by Anders Altbe » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>> Is there any way to have a field in a report print in BOLD If a

condition exists? <<

Make a copy of the field normal font field and go into the Print When
part of the field expression dialogue and set your condition under Print
Only When This Condition Is True. Just type in the condition, ie x=0 .
Change the font to bold.  Go into the Print When of the Normal font
field and fill in X<>0. Place the copy exactly on top of the other
field. -Anders

Conditional Attributes in Report Writer?

Post by Christian Desbours » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

make a copy of your field, and set it to bold, leaving the original to
normal font setting.

Superpose both fields on top of each other

Use the print when clause to get one or the other according to your
condition

normal field, print when condition is false

bold field, print when condition is true

C. Desbourse (Belgium)

1. Printing report "attributes, not report itself

Is there a way to print out the attributes, properties, ... (call them
what you want), instead of the report itself.  The documenting wizard
doesn't seem to do very much in terms of detailing what a report is
comprised of.

In other words, I want to be able to print out what each "field" or
"entity" is on the report, and all it's attributes used to define it.

Thanks,
Tom

2. SQL Agent MAIL FAIL pls help !!!!

3. Reports writer / generator - Diamond Reports TM

4. unresolved external symbol errro

5. HELP with MS Report Writer and report not pulling current data

6. What gone happend if I change the time at the Server?

7. Report Writers for User Customized Reports

8. SQL LinkedServer with PROGRESS Database

9. Reports writer / generator - Diamond Reports TM

10. VA-Sterling-266101--ORACLE-SQLSERVER-Crystal Reports-FOXPRO-Report Writer

11. SB+ Report writer reports printing one blank page

12. Placing a page break in a report using Report Writer FPW2.6