Looking for online source for TIGER/Line database

Looking for online source for TIGER/Line database

Post by Dr. Destructi » Sat, 20 Jul 1991 01:33:08

Does anyone out there know if there are any online sources (ie: ftp,
mail, etc) for the Census Bureau/Data User Services Division's
TIGER/Line database? I was wondering if it was possible to access
these files without having to order the 9-track tapes directly from
the Bureau. I only need to access very limited sections of the
database, and therefore won't be needing the full extracts on tape.

Actually, other online sources of USGS or other
geological/cartographical database information would be handy as well.

        "(pity this busy monster, manunkind, not.) Progress is
         a comfortable disease."   --e.e.cummings

Looking for online source for TIGER/Line database

Post by nea » Sat, 10 Aug 1991 14:22:17

 .... text deleted ....

Quote:> Actually, other online sources of USGS or other
> geological/cartographical database information would be handy as well.

  I believe that the National Bureau of Standards has several public databases.
  I am most interested in a listing of publicly accessible databases from
 industrial, governmental, and educational institutions.

  Please summarize your responses to the net.

Thank you,
Neal H. Hodges II

--
    KA0SEZ