Catastrophic Failure

Post by Jame » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:27:15

I get a Catastrophic Failure  error message when I attempt
to connect to SQL Server via ASP/SQLOELDB. I have tried
several connection object parameters and none seem to
work. What can cause this? What must I consider? The code:

Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

with(Conn) {
 ConnectionTimeout ="100"
 ConnectionString = "Driver={SQL Server}; server=MSI;
DATABASE=MAC; UID=sa; PWD=;"
 Open("MACSS")

Quote:}

Thank you,
James

Catastrophic Failure

Post by Val Mazu » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:32:11

Hi,

Do you have connection to database server? Probably you do
not have it. You can test it. Try to create DSN, which
will point to that database server, and test connection
during preparing DSN in ODBC data source from Control Panel

Val

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I get a Catastrophic Failure  error message when I
attempt
>to connect to SQL Server via ASP/SQLOELDB. I have tried
>several connection object parameters and none seem to
>work. What can cause this? What must I consider? The code:

>Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

>with(Conn) {
> ConnectionTimeout ="100"
> ConnectionString = "Driver={SQL Server}; server=MSI;
>DATABASE=MAC; UID=sa; PWD=;"
> Open("MACSS")
>}

>Thank you,
>James
>.

Catastrophic Failure

Post by Steven Bras [M » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:54:49

Try using the OLEDB provider instead. Here's the connection string:

"provider=sqloledb;data source=MSI;initial catalog=MAC;User ID=sa;"

This may give us a more explicit error message.

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. an FTP Task for DTS (SS7): catastrophic failure

Hej!

   I saw tbat the subject has already been posted but I can't read the message
(message unavailable).
   I got the source file from SQL mag. I tried to create a custom task in DTS
referencing the FTPCustomTask.dll. When I try to run it I get a Catastrophic
Failure message. Did anyone already used this task? What should I do? Is there
another tutorial explaining how to create an FTP Task? This information is
crucial...
   Thank you in advance for the help!
--

Thierry

2. Oracle Functional AR & OE

3. Custom Task - Catastrophic Failure

4. Test Message, Please Ignore

5. Catastrophic failure in Data Driven Query while updating AS/400 database file

6. performance with very active threads

7. Error 8458 - Catastrophic failure

8. FoxPro reference materila

9. "Catastrophic Failure" error 65535

10. catastrophic failure error

11. Catastrophic failure

12. provider error 0x8000ffff. Catastrophic Failure

13. CATASTROPHIC FAILURE