Hlp with ints of P.SQL 2000 Workstation- DCOM?

Hlp with ints of P.SQL 2000 Workstation- DCOM?

Post by Scott Laughto » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 03:31:43

Hi there,

I have downloaded the trial version of the "Pervasive SQL WorkStation"
After reading the docs I have attempted to install the "Pervasive SQL
WorkStation" on Win98 SE box and the instlation process dected that it
required "Microsofts Distributed COM" and asked me if I wanted to
install it now.  I replyed yes top this and the instalation told me that
it would now install "DCOM98" and then I would need to reboot the
computer.  No problem.

Then the instlation for the "DCOM98" began and was compleated
successfully.  After this was compleated it told me that the
instlation of "DCOM98" was successful but that I would now need to
uninstall the current version before the one I had just
install would override it.

How do I do this?

After rebooting the computer and attempting to install the "Pervasive
SQL WorkStation" again, it just repeated the process and dected the
"Microsofts Distributed COM" was needed and prompted to install it once
again.  So I just need to know how to uninstall the current version so
that the new one that the "Pervasive SQL WorkStation" has installed will
overrind the current one.

Thank you for you time...

Scott Laughton.

Hlp with ints of P.SQL 2000 Workstation- DCOM?

Post by Bill Bac » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

When you install it, check the title bar of the installation app to see
which Build Number you have.  Build 146, also known as FCS had some problems
detecting DCOM.  Just ignore the message and keep on going.  If you have 154
(SP1), then it should work correctly.  Also, if you have 198 (SP2a), then
you should be fine, too.  If you do not yet have SP2a, you may wish to
download that patch ASAP from Pervasive's web site...
 Goldstar Software Inc.
 Building on Btrieve(R) for the Future(SM)
 Bill Bach

 www.goldstarsoftware.com
 *** Pervasive.SQL Service & Support Classes ***
 October 23-25, 2000
 *** Advanced Network Troubleshooting Class ***
 October 26, 2000
 See our web site for details!

> Hi there,

> I have downloaded the trial version of the "Pervasive SQL WorkStation"
> After reading the docs I have attempted to install the "Pervasive SQL
> WorkStation" on Win98 SE box and the instlation process dected that it
> required "Microsofts Distributed COM" and asked me if I wanted to
> install it now.  I replyed yes top this and the instalation told me that
> it would now install "DCOM98" and then I would need to reboot the
> computer.  No problem.

> Then the instlation for the "DCOM98" began and was compleated
> successfully.  After this was compleated it told me that the
> instlation of "DCOM98" was successful but that I would now need to
> uninstall the current version before the one I had just
> install would override it.

> How do I do this?

> After rebooting the computer and attempting to install the "Pervasive
> SQL WorkStation" again, it just repeated the process and dected the
> "Microsofts Distributed COM" was needed and prompted to install it once
> again.  So I just need to know how to uninstall the current version so
> that the new one that the "Pervasive SQL WorkStation" has installed will
> overrind the current one.

> Thank you for you time...

> Scott Laughton.

Hlp with ints of P.SQL 2000 Workstation- DCOM?

Post by Scott Laughto » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 01:26:34

Bill,

Thanks for your reply, I ended up just downloading DCOM98 from a link on the
Pervasive site that I foun through their knowledge base.  The instalition of
DCOM98 supplied with Pervasive SQL Workstation did not prompt me to reboot or
put a dcom98 dir in my system dir. However when i installed the DCOM98
instlation I got from MS it did both of these things.

I presume that I would have the right build/version of Workstation as I just D/L
it two days ago.

So thanks for your help.......

Scott Laughton.

> When you install it, check the title bar of the installation app to see
> which Build Number you have.  Build 146, also known as FCS had some problems
> detecting DCOM.  Just ignore the message and keep on going.  If you have 154
> (SP1), then it should work correctly.  Also, if you have 198 (SP2a), then
> you should be fine, too.  If you do not yet have SP2a, you may wish to
> download that patch ASAP from Pervasive's web site...
>  Goldstar Software Inc.
>  Building on Btrieve(R) for the Future(SM)
>  Bill Bach

>  www.goldstarsoftware.com
>  *** Pervasive.SQL Service & Support Classes ***
>  October 23-25, 2000
>  *** Advanced Network Troubleshooting Class ***
>  October 26, 2000
>  See our web site for details!

> > Hi there,

> > I have downloaded the trial version of the "Pervasive SQL WorkStation"
> > After reading the docs I have attempted to install the "Pervasive SQL
> > WorkStation" on Win98 SE box and the instlation process dected that it
> > required "Microsofts Distributed COM" and asked me if I wanted to
> > install it now.  I replyed yes top this and the instalation told me that
> > it would now install "DCOM98" and then I would need to reboot the
> > computer.  No problem.

> > Then the instlation for the "DCOM98" began and was compleated
> > successfully.  After this was compleated it told me that the
> > instlation of "DCOM98" was successful but that I would now need to
> > uninstall the current version before the one I had just
> > install would override it.

> > How do I do this?

> > After rebooting the computer and attempting to install the "Pervasive
> > SQL WorkStation" again, it just repeated the process and dected the
> > "Microsofts Distributed COM" was needed and prompted to install it once
> > again.  So I just need to know how to uninstall the current version so
> > that the new one that the "Pervasive SQL WorkStation" has installed will
> > overrind the current one.

> > Thank you for you time...

> > Scott Laughton.

1. P.SQL 2000 Workstation slow starting up

I upgraded from P.SQL 7 Workstation to P.SQL 2000 Workstation and
noticed that 2000 takes much longer to startup than 7 did. Just opening
up Control Center takes 10-15 seconds and I see the same delay in my
applications. V7 came up almost instantaneously. Anybody have any ideas
on this?

Thanks
Jamie Burks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Gentia

3. NW server abend - P.SQL 2000 SP3 client to P.SQL 2000 SP2 server

4. Evaluating Delphi / Tuxedo / Informix combination

5. Please HELP - Accessing same database from diferent workstations crashes P.SQL 2000

6. GPF in event WillChangeRecord ADO 2.0

7. PSQL 2000 Workstation Engine slow under Win95

8. Comparison of Sybase Vs ORACLE

9. PSQL 2000 Workstation Engine Unloading

10. Shutting Down the P.SQL v7 workstation engine.

11. Help with creating databases in P.SQL Workstation.