Progress 8.3C and MERANT

Post by Nicol » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:53:15

Hi ,

Is anybody have experiences on MERANT to connect windows clients via ODBC.
Our progress databases are on unix box.

Thanks in advance

1. Need help : Progress 8.3c and ODBC driver Merant ver.3.60.00.00

Hallo,

We would like to connect a Progress 8.3c on Windows NT with a third
application
using ODBC driver ver.3.60.00.00 from Merant. The server answered
"[MERANT][ODBC Progress driver][PROGRESS]A PROGRESS database server
can not handle a
non-progress database connection". I'd set the environment variables
IDLC,
DLC and PROMSGS, also an entry in services file. The mode of
connection "DIRECT" (database server in the same
comp. with the driver and the application).

Anybody has the same experience or can give me some hints ?

Thanks,
Michael A. Purwoadi

2. DTI constants/return values

3. Cluster environment issue with OS 5.1a and Progress 8.3C

4. loop through UDT fields

5. ODBC Progress 8.3c with MS-Access

6. Why does RecordCount property return 10 when there are only 8 items in the recordset?

7. Progress v7.3d and 7.3c

8. Remote file/system errors

9. Help ! Connecting Progress 7.3c with ODBC

10. ODBC and Progress V7.3c on Novell NLM

11. ODBC connection MS Access to Progress 6.3C UNIX

12. Connect to netware progress data server 7.3c

13. Browse with multiple rows in Progress 7.3c