Ingres II ingstop

Post by Paul Andrew » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

We used to have a batch job (under 6.4) that ensured our servers were shut
down at appropriate times - connected sessions or not. Moving from 6.4 to
Ingres II (HP-UX 11.0),  ingstop -f sometimes seems to hang for us, not
finishing and not shutting the server down either. Any ideas?

Ingres II ingstop

Post by ta.. » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> We used to have a batch job (under 6.4) that ensured our servers were
shut
> down at appropriate times - connected sessions or not. Moving from 6.4
> Ingres II (HP-UX 11.0),  ingstop -f sometimes seems to hang for us,
not
> finishing and not shutting the server down either. Any ideas?

Hi

I presume that you are running ingres with rmcmd turned on.

There is a bug 95783 on hp. The problem is that rmcmd is holding an open
session during shutdown of ingres.
You can see through ipm such a line:
|405bcbc0|ingres       |batch |iidbdb      |BIO   |

Work around is turn off rmcmd  in cbf.

I hope this helps

University clinic for respiratory and allergy diseasses
Slovenia
Tadej

Ingres II ingstop

Post by Paul Andrew » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

This appears to have solved it...

Thanks,

Paul

>> We used to have a batch job (under 6.4) that ensured our servers were
>shut
>> down at appropriate times - connected sessions or not. Moving from 6.4
>> Ingres II (HP-UX 11.0),  ingstop -f sometimes seems to hang for us,
>not
>> finishing and not shutting the server down either. Any ideas?

>Hi

>I presume that you are running ingres with rmcmd turned on.

>There is a bug 95783 on hp. The problem is that rmcmd is holding an open
>session during shutdown of ingres.
>You can see through ipm such a line:
>|405bcbc0|ingres       |batch |iidbdb      |BIO   |

>Work around is turn off rmcmd  in cbf.

>I hope this helps

>University clinic for respiratory and allergy diseasses
>Slovenia
>Tadej

1. To ingstop -f or ingstop -kill ?

Thought I'd use a lifeline and ask the audience...............

I know ingstop -kill works when most other things fail.
But the sysref.pdf (and ingstart -help) only mentions
a -f (force or immediate ) parameter.

What exactly is the difference ?

Andre

2. Problems Connecting With TOra 1.2.3

3. Ingres installation problem - Ingres II 2.5 on hp-ux 11

4. SSPI error message

5. Ingres 1.2 to Ingres ii Upgrade

6. Advanced replication

7. Move VMS Ingres 6.4 to NT ingres II

8. 1016

9. Upgrade Ingres 6.4/06 to Ingres II

10. Conversion from Ingres 6.4 to Ingres -II

11. Ingres II SDK: Ingres Fails to Start...

12. INGRES 6.4-->INGRES II upgrade

13. Porting Ingres 6.4/05 to Ingres II