Need Info: Alternative for Cognos DataMerchant

Need Info: Alternative for Cognos DataMerchant

Post by vis.. » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,
We are evaluating a web-based reporting system and commercial access to
existing data and the Cognos DataMerchant seems to be a good match for
this.
Since Cognos has stopped shipping/supporting DataMerchant, is anyone
aware of competing or similar products in the market??

Any Info would be highly appreciated
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Need Info: Alternative for Cognos DataMerchant

Post by Philip Barto » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:36:53

    I saw a presentation recently on Monarch ES, which is web-based
extraction technology from mainframe reports.  Monarch also makes the
product called DataPump.  Very slick - take a look.  It (ES) is designed for
sizeable enterprises, and I believe starts as multiple seats at the $35K
price level.  XML capability being added.

> Hi All,
> We are evaluating a web-based reporting system and commercial access to
> existing data and the Cognos DataMerchant seems to be a good match for
> this.
> Since Cognos has stopped shipping/supporting DataMerchant, is anyone
> aware of competing or similar products in the market??

> Any Info would be highly appreciated
> Thanks

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Need Info: Alternative for Cognos DataMerchant

Post by vis.. » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Philip.
Monarch is a great product, especially with their ES portal. But
DataMerchant was unique in the sense that it offered retail and
wholesale store front support. Report2Web is another product similar to
Monarch.

Thanks again
-Vish

>     I saw a presentation recently on Monarch ES, which is web-based
> extraction technology from mainframe reports.  Monarch also makes the
> product called DataPump.  Very slick - take a look.  It (ES) is
designed for
> sizeable enterprises, and I believe starts as multiple seats at the
$35K
> price level.  XML capability being added.

Quote:> > Hi All,
> > We are evaluating a web-based reporting system and commercial
access to
> > existing data and the Cognos DataMerchant seems to be a good match
for
> > this.
> > Since Cognos has stopped shipping/supporting DataMerchant, is anyone
> > aware of competing or similar products in the market??

> > Any Info would be highly appreciated
> > Thanks

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Need Info: Alternative for Cognos DataMerchant

Post by Pat Gilbroug » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

This MITS system is an Business Intelligence / OLAP tool that will run
within a MultiValue environment with GUI interfaces. This may be a good
replacement for the Cognos DataMerchant. More information may be found at
http://www.mitsonline.com

Pat Gilbrough
Management Information Tools, Inc.

> Thanks Philip.
> Monarch is a great product, especially with their ES portal. But
> DataMerchant was unique in the sense that it offered retail and
> wholesale store front support. Report2Web is another product similar to
> Monarch.

> Thanks again
> -Vish

> >     I saw a presentation recently on Monarch ES, which is web-based
> > extraction technology from mainframe reports.  Monarch also makes the
> > product called DataPump.  Very slick - take a look.  It (ES) is
> designed for
> > sizeable enterprises, and I believe starts as multiple seats at the
> $35K
> > price level.  XML capability being added.

> > > Hi All,
> > > We are evaluating a web-based reporting system and commercial
> access to
> > > existing data and the Cognos DataMerchant seems to be a good match
> for
> > > this.
> > > Since Cognos has stopped shipping/supporting DataMerchant, is anyone
> > > aware of competing or similar products in the market??

> > > Any Info would be highly appreciated
> > > Thanks

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. info needed on ErWin (or alternatives)

Hi,

Some time ago I recall somebody posted a message here saying that Erwin
would discontinue its support for Progress.

* Does anyone out here know if that's true?
* If it is true, can anyone explain why?
* What alternatives are available?

TIA

--
Pieter Brouwer

(to reply, please remove '_spam_me_not_' from reply-address)

2. MSDE-We need more than just Microsoft

3. Error during converting reports from Cognos 6.0 to Cognos 7.0

4. Is it possible to Save and Restore 'Found Set' pointers?

5. PRESS: Cognos+OLAP council, Cognos+Pilot

6. Using OmniConnect??

7. Ya and Da_buddah about Need Help on Cognos Documentation

8. Test, please ignore

9. Need Tool to konvert a Cognos-Catalog

10. need help regarding Oracle and Cognos

11. Cognos talent needed, Dallas Texas

12. Need Address/fax no of Cognos (Impromptu)

13. Need help regarding update of cubes in Cognos