Access and memory

Post by Chris Bel » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm connecting to an Access database and sending quite a few insert
statements at it, and my memory usage is creeping up and up. I'm using ADO
2.1 SP2 and Access 2000. I'm creating the connection then command and
freeing them up afterwards, and if I comment out the code to execute the
SQL, everything is fine, so I don't think it's my fault. Anybody else seen
this? Any suggestions?

Access and memory

Post by Tobias Martinsso » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm connecting to an Access database and sending quite a few insert
> statements at it, and my memory usage is creeping up and up. I'm using ADO
> 2.1 SP2 and Access 2000. I'm creating the connection then command and
> freeing them up afterwards, and if I comment out the code to execute the
> SQL, everything is fine, so I don't think it's my fault. Anybody else seen
> this? Any suggestions?

Try inserting the string "adExecuteNoRecords+adCmdText" as the third parameter
in your call to Execute. This will describe the command (adCmdText) you are
issuing and prevent (adExecuteNoRecords) a Recordset from being created and
returned -- a Recordset is created and returned even if you use a
non-returning rowset query.

--
Tobias

1. Enterprise mgr error 998 (invalid access to memory )

My enterprise manager has just recently stopped working. I
get the following error message: -2147483647 (not
implemented).

I tried creating a new snap-in through mmc directly and i
get the following error: 998 (invalid access to memory
location)

I searched the MSN sites for issues and came back with two
possible causes/solutions:

1. Access Violation Error Message in Mmc.exe After You
Apply Internet Explorer Privacy Update from Q316116 or
After You Apply Internet Explorer 6 SP1

2. Enterprise Manager May Cause Access Violation When You
Edit a DTS Package with Long User Name

The solution for #1 is to contact Microsoft for the fix.
The solution for #2 is to install the latest sql server
service pack.

I followed solution #2 with no luck (installed sp3).

Before I pursue solution #1 I'd like to ask this group for
any advice.

Also, is there a way (thru the registry), to clear all the
SQL groups and registered servers from your enterprise
manager?

Thanks

-Rene

2. search Access 2000 Data Base

3. SQL..Access ADP memory issue..

4. Web Server Security - tricky little number.

5. Problem with setlocale (found in libecpg) [accessing a memory location after freeing it]

6. Access via ODBC to AS400 file member

7. Problem with setlocale (found in libecpg) [accessing a memory location

8. VB6 ADO application can't show data in runtime environment

9. FlexGrid Control and Access Database memory problem

10. Oracle7/Access ODBC memory problems

11. accessing shared memory

12. Unable to access shared memory