D3 7.0 to D3 7.1 Incompatibility problem with c functions on D3/Linux

D3 7.0 to D3 7.1 Incompatibility problem with c functions on D3/Linux

Post by Adam Easterbroo » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I am trying to port an application from D3/SCO 7.0 to D3/Linux 7.1 and am
running into problems when calling user defined C functions.

I have successfully run addbi and the Makefile and created the new D3
executable using the same C function library that is running with D3/SCO.

I can then load the filesave from the D3/SCO 7.1 server and the basic
programs calling the C functions run normally.

BUT, when I re-compile the basic programs (without making any changes) that
call the C functions, they no longer work and give a variety of errors
including core dumps.

It would seem that if the basic program is running the pcode created on
D3/SCO 7.0, all is OK, but running the pcode created on D3/Linux 7.1 it no
longer works.

Anybody got any clues what is going on.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards

Adam Easterbrook

Post by Doug Dumit » Sun, 04 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>Hi

>I am trying to port an application from D3/SCO 7.0 to D3/Linux 7.1 and am
>running into problems when calling user defined C functions.

>I have successfully run addbi and the Makefile and created the new D3
>executable using the same C function library that is running with D3/SCO.

>I can then load the filesave from the D3/SCO 7.1 server and the basic
>programs calling the C functions run normally.

>BUT, when I re-compile the basic programs (without making any changes) that
>call the C functions, they no longer work and give a variety of errors
>including core dumps.

>It would seem that if the basic program is running the pcode created on
>D3/SCO 7.0, all is OK, but running the pcode created on D3/Linux 7.1 it no
>longer works.

>Anybody got any clues what is going on.

>Thanks for any advice you can give.

>Regards

>Adam Easterbrook

Some releases of D3/Linux have a bug in the addbi function.  I would
suggest that you manually check the built errmsg item to make sure
that you are calling the right entry point.

In general, the 'C' calls to work (this is how Coyote talks to the
network on D3/Linux) and we use these calls A LOT!

One other point is that you need to be careful with string lengths
going to and from C functions.  There is a TCL command SET-CMEM that
sets this up.

Modular Software Corporation           Ph:  (949) 831-4774
24872 Nellie Gail Road                 Fax: (949) 831-6860
Laguna Hills, CA  92653  USA

1. Direсеrtly sending E-mail From D3 (D3/NT ior D3/Linux)

Welcome
I told several days ago about this soft, now I full isolete it  from
D3ZServer
I call It ZMail (It's shareware)
easy install, easy use

Short instruction here
http://d3zsoft.newmail.ru/D3ZServer/eng/ShareWareProgs.html#SendMail
download here
http://d3zsoft.newmail.ru/ZMail/
After install I recomment try execute
follow
SendMail -hsSMTP_server -t3 -fyours_email

P.S.
This utils is very usefull One execute and you get all pick file users
;-)
or somerhing else read instruction on web site
Good Luck

2. Copy Database

3. D3 7.1 vs D3 7.2

4. US-WA-DBAS NEEDED IN SEATTLE, WA

5. D3 Proplus 7.2 tape read of D3 SCO 7.1

6. Query Plan

7. D3 Install Aix D3 7.1

8. Is SQLNET Required on Client for ADO-Oracle

9. D3/Linux - D3-to-Linux communication to print spooler

10. D3 SCO to D3 LINUX performance problem

11. D3/Linux 7.1 ABS patch load problem

12. Problem installing D3/Linux 7.1

13. D3/Linux 7.1 overflow problem