DB2 Connect & Password

Post by CRossett » Thu, 30 May 2002 02:33:49

Is there a way to check if the password is going to expire
when making a connection to a DB2 database?  See code below

Function ConnectionCreated()
        On Error Resume Next
        Dim SQLConnectString
        ConnectionCreated = True
        SQLConnectString = "DSN=" & Session("DSN") &
             ";UID=" & g_sUserID & ";PWD=" & g_sPassword

        Set g_cnnSQL = Server.CreateObject
("ADODB.Connection")

        g_cnnSQL.Open SQLConnectString

        If Err.number <> 0 then
                g_sErrorMsg = Err.number & " - " &
                StripSpecialChar(Err.description)
                ConnectionCreated = False
        end if

end function

1. DTS & DB2 ODBC Driver Using DB2 Connect

I have a DTS package that pulls multiple DB2 tables into SQL Server 2000
using IBM CLI driver with DB2 Connect.

Works great.

Problem is that I can only download one DB2 table at a time.  This means
that I have to set my package properties to execute only 1 task in parallel
(very inefficient when many other tasks COUJLD be running at the same time).

I get an error that is fairly generic.  I'm assuming that ODBC or DB2 (or
something) can only handle one "thread" or connection to DB2 at a time.  I'm
guessing that the task that is in wait times out or something like that
causing the DTS package to fail.

Does anyone have experience with something like this?  Is this a DB2 ODBC
setting?  Any input is appreciated.

Chuck

2. When to reorganize index pages?

3. change passwords with DB2 Connect

4. Problem reading File DSN?

5. change mainframe password thru db2 connect?

6. SQL string

7. How to set up username/password on DB2 Connect access in Unix

8. Oracle: Interprocess Communication DBMS_PIPE

9. Connecting to Database with UserID & Password

10. Connect Oracle & Db2

11. DB2 Connect & ADODB

12. Cleveland: DB2 DBA/Systems Programmer with DB2 Connect