Optimizing VFP memory usage under NT Server - need help

Optimizing VFP memory usage under NT Server - need help

Post by ?yvind Snibs?e » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I run VFP 5.0 on NT Server. The on-line documentation says that I should
reduce the amount of memory buffer size available to VFP by 1/3 by using
the following command in my config.fpw - file:

=SYS(3050, 1, VAL(SYS(3050, 1, 0)) / 3)

It seems to me that something is missing from this statement, like some
kind of variable to put this return value into?  When I try to use it,
absolutely nothing happens, i.e. the system reports the same memory
usage as before.

What am I/ the documentation/ both of us, missing?