FPW26 -> VFP menus

Post by ktrang.. » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 02:03:54

Having now started to get to grips with converting my FPW2.6 app to VFP,
I've come across a problem with menus.

For the first couple of forms which I converted, I opted for a FPW
code-compatibility. I've now done a couple of "proper" forms, which are
working fine, but this last one has me puzzled.

I had a form in 2.6 which was modal, and invoked a menu by calling the MPR
in the READ's WHEN clause. Having converted it to VFP, the menu now
appears but all the options are unavailable, even though there are no SKIP
FOR clauses. It's the same sort of behaviour I would have expected in FPW
if the MPR had been run prior to the modal SPR, and I've tried moving the
call to the MPR into various events, but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions most appreciated.

Keith Trangmar

FPW26 -> VFP menus

Post by Fred - Armon » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 02:27:59

As far as i understand your problem, you must create a toplevel menu.
Open your menu in the menu designer. From the View menu, choose General
Options. Check the  Top-Level checkbox. Then compile your menu.

In your form, in the load event (or init), type this command
DO yourmenu.mpr WITH this

Fred

Quote:

--
FE AVP&Cie
Juillenay, Europe

1. FPW26 System Menus

I have created a system with menu that includes the Print Setup
system option. It is designed as follows:

Print \92<Setup          Bar#        _mfi_setup

The problem is that the option is always disabled regardless of what
other operations are taking place. Any Ideas?

Corby Wilson

2. CASE....WHEN

3. FPW26 Menus

4. Problem with files size in /var/lib/postgres/data/global on Debian Woody

5. FPW26 ---...--- menu and Invalid function argument value, type, or count

6. Large scale systems design

7. FPW26 System Menus

8. I hate last minute projects!

9. It's all about menu FPW26

10. fpw26: Menus

11. Menu->Screen1->Screen2

12. fpw26 to vfp - book recommendations?

13. FPW26 and VFP